night baits

bassturds

what do you guys throw when they aren't biting topwaters at night? looking to  expand my arsenal.  ive fished hudds before at night with some results. 
what do you guys toss when the bottom is weedy? assuming WRS?

Pats/other crankdown i can use thats loud about a foot or a few under the surface. Let it float up, pause, few twitches, then a fast crank down and they will normally hit it, or a slow wake.  Try a long deadstick with a few twitches then a long deadstick. This time of year i almost primarily fish at night, they will be slamming topwater then seem to stop some days but it is mostly just they want it at a different speed, slower or faster.   I've been throwing some hudds or jig like baits ill fish like I'm stroking a jig and get bit but I haven't hooked up on any of those because I am not the best soft bait fisherman.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, Volfan said:

Triple trouts fished fairly fast or when they won't take a slammer or wake Jr on the surface, I crank it under the surface.

i gota try cranking my slammers at night, i usually just crawl em up top or twitch them. that hasnt been working 

I've had good results with ROF 5 Hudds at night, but mainly when I'm targeting walleye.  I have caught the occasional bass on Hudds at night but most of my bass fishing is done during wake bait season so I normally stick it out with Slammers and the Baby Possum.