Magnum fluke/right or wrong?

apburninup

Been messing around with these magnum flukes for in and around dense weeds and sparse shallow laydowns that I can't throw the big baits in. Really liking it so far and might be something good for a followers that didn't commit to my swimbaits.  She's my longest Ohio bass yet too bad she didn't have a belly on her looked like she was getting up there in the age by the look of her. Dunno if if I should have really posted on her cuz it's a magum fluke and not a "swimbait" by some standards but if a 8" topwater walking bait is a swimbait then why isn't a 7" fluke right? lemme know what y'all think. 

IMG_20180819_152246_1.jpg

Try a screw lock hook, like a beast, or Gama screw lock.  I've had much better life of the baits with those.

Trokars are junk, they tear up the bait too much with the knife edge, not to mention the gaping hole they can create in a bass' lip.

Thats what I wanted to try but they didn't have any at my local tackle shops 

8 minutes ago, jthod said:

Try a screw lock hook, like a beast, or Gama screw lock.  I've had much better life of the baits with those.

Trokars are junk, they tear up the bait too much with the knife edge, not to mention the gaping hole they can create in a bass' lip.

That's what I wanted to try out but didn't have any at my local tackle shops