Best Line for Swimbaits

Paul Winn

First off, you're going to be attacked by the search bar police. But seriously there's tons of great info if you type " line" into the search bar. If you're new to throwing larger heavier baits I highly suggest 17 to 20 pound Pline CXX. It's a very strong, very forgiving monofilament. 

Line is one of  those things that is mainly preference and you'll decide what works best for you through experimentation. For me personally, I prefer to use #20 izorline cxx for my hard baits (glides, multi piece, etc.) and seaguar abrazX or invisX for my soft baits. But lately I have been trying flouro for my hard baits as well and i haven't had any issues and been having success. 

1 hour ago, hookedup said:

Berkeley Big Game is cheap and strong af. If you are new it’s a great line to start with. I’ve been using it for years and the stuff doesn’t break. I use 25lb for the heavier baits and 17-20 for some of the smaller ones. 

This. Not the best of lines by any means in terms of memory and sensitivity, but it's definitely one of the most affordable. I grew up fishing this stuff and it very rarely failed me. I've only snapped off one swimbait on this line and it broke at the knot where I suspect the line was burned a bit from tying.