SUB Battle for the Underground 2018

SU Crew4

SUB 2018 Battle For The Underground Tournament will be Oct 26th - Nov 1st

Please read and follow all the rules only the 12 Monthly SUB winners are entered

1) Biggest fish wins the tournament

2) Fish must be legitimately caught with a swimbait. Cast and retrieve only, no bed fishing.

3) Pictures must include:

• the swimbait used
  • the fish on a digital scale ONLY
  • A secret code will be released at 12:01 P.M. PST the first day of the tournament. The code needs to be visible in the picture.

4) Picture must be posted before the end of the tournament.

5) Fish anytime and anywhere between the tourney dates.

6) Once an angler wins a monthly tournament they are out till the Battle.

7) New weights by state. You must have your state on the scale or in your profile so other participants can see it. Please note that Arizona and Florida no longer receive a handicap

8) These rules can change depending on future situations but NOT during the tournament.

9) Tournament will end at 12:00PM on the last day of the tournament

Failure to comply with the rules will disqualify your fish.

Participants:

November 2017 - @Lurejerk
December 2017 - @Ipleadthefish2
January 2018 - @ALPHA_SLAYER
February 2018 - @trav
March 2018 - @ChaseEmToTheBank
April 2018 - @azfisher
May 2018 - @Dabbs
June 2018 - @Rogervang
July 2018 - @JJunger07
August 2018 - @kev_swmbt_20
September 2018 - @bassbass
October 2018 - @Sciaramitaro

IMG_4199.thumb.PNG.9b7d3e8b189f105aad9c045b9a21e70e.PNG

post-1-0-44734600-1503326955.jpg

@swimbaitunderground

Wouldn't it have been better to change the rules at the start of the next season instead of a week before the battle.

And how do you pick and choose what state gets what handicap. The more people that complain?  Everyone has the same chance of catching a big fish, you just need to get out there and figure it out, not sit behind a screen and bi&ch about it.

Look at Alabama, Arizona, and Arkansas all three are very close so why no handicap for AZ. 

Also Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina and the 3 listed above are also close so why just Florida.

Florida State record is 17plus but there are only about 6-10 documented bass caught  over 13 and below 16 pounds for the past many years.

It's not as easy as everyone thinks it is, i could be wrong but in the 7-8 years I have been on this site, this is the first for a Florida person to be in the battle. 

You can aslo say that the State record was only one fish, so then you determine by posted catches for that state to determine handicap. So by one person posting big fish consistently can change a handicap, not wanting to get anyone's feelings but I do not see any other Florida person posting up big fish consistently.

Just because you live in a state that has big fish doesn't mean everyone catches them. I know a ton of people in CA, TX, and FL that have not caught a fish over 10 and have lived here their entire life. This gos for all states.

Just my rant.

Good luck guys,

Brian

2 hours ago, bassbass said:

@swimbaitunderground

Wouldn't it have been better to change the rules at the start of the next season instead of a week before the battle.

And how do you pick and choose what state gets what handicap. The more people that complain?  Everyone has the same chance of catching a big fish, you just need to get out there and figure it out, not sit behind a screen and bi&ch about it.

Look at Alabama, Arizona, and Arkansas all three are very close so why no handicap for AZ. 

Also Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Virginia, South Carolina, and North Carolina and the 3 listed above are also close so why just Florida.

Florida State record is 17plus but there are only about 6-10 documented bass caught  over 13 and below 16 pounds for the past many years.

It's not as easy as everyone thinks it is, i could be wrong but in the 7-8 years I have been on this site, this is the first for a Florida person to be in the battle. 

You can aslo say that the State record was only one fish, so then you determine by posted catches for that state to determine handicap. So by one person posting big fish consistently can change a handicap, not wanting to get anyone's feelings but I do not see any other Florida person posting up big fish consistently.

Just because you live in a state that has big fish doesn't mean everyone catches them. I know a ton of people in CA, TX, and FL that have not caught a fish over 10 and have lived here their entire life. This gos for all states.

Just my rant.

Good luck guys,

Brian

I’m also in Florida for this one. Got 2 of us now. Good luck everyone 

3 hours ago, bassbass said:

@swimbaitunderground

Just my rant.

Good luck guys,

Brian

All valid points, @bassbass. In years past we have not had the handicap for the battle. Biggest fish has taken it

We want more people to have a chance and it’s very obvious which states catcb the biggest LMB

We can take a look at the other states getting one but we found the handicap unnecessary for AZ and FL

Both states had fish that won the monthly SUB without handicap

A 10lb fish in FL or AZ is far more common than an 8+ in some of the northeast states

In the end we are unable to please everybody, we just want a playing field that is somewhat level

On 10/19/2018 at 9:09 PM, Ipleadthefish2 said:

Yeaaaaaaaah man!!! I hope I can get out and fish. Busiest week of my year.. Good luck gentlemen..  Happy to be fishing with the 11 other guys listed!! 

You and me both buddy. Good luck everyone. 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, bassbass said:

@swimbaitunderground

Just my rant.

Good luck guys,

Brian

I agee with Brian that it would have been better to make changes after the Battle.  That being said, I don't envy the SU admins in their effort to make a perfect handicap system that will keep everyone happy.  You never get to a point where everyone is happy.

Good luck to everyone in the Battle.  I wasn't able to qualify this year but I had a blast competing the previous couple of years - at least until it all came crashing down with teeners from the West Coast!

Go get 'em guys!