Jitterbug Mouse Bait - "Suicide Mouse"

WashedAshore

The last few months have been a rollercoaster for me between work and health issues, but these are finally ready to show off; "Suicide Mice." These baits are my take on the classic Jitterbug bait, modified to imitate a small field mouse.  

They are roughly 4" of wood body, have a single Owner ST-46 belly hook, and use a pin/brad system to lock a soft plastic tail. With the floating worm tails, the total length is about 8-9" tip to tail. They weigh roughly 1.5oz. Each body is made of Red Cedar that is epoxy heat sealed before paint to prevent water intrusion. They have a durable 2-part epoxy topcoat finish to protect the paintjob and the bait. 

The swim video attempts to show the difference between a slow retrieve, and a moderate-fast retrieve. When fished slow, these have a nice crawling action that makes a great v-wake. When you speed up the retrieve, the jitterbug lip starts to throw water like a popper style bait. I am having some issues with my phone/laptop, so you can see a swim video here: Swim Video.

Thanks everyone for looking! As always, looking forward to feedback! 

IMG_20181223_111823.thumb.jpg.0a62281ef62569779505e62e7d0e1617.jpg

received_278462372813649_2.thumb.jpeg.61551c385deaa6f6e48a57f9e43e6469.jpeg

7 minutes ago, kenneyfish said:

Looks good at Glen Charlie!     

I think that's technically Mill? Either way, any idea what's going on with the lot/ramp there? They cleared all the brush, almost looks like it's getting paved over.

1 hour ago, azsouth said:

nice baits! swim video oh yeah!

Thanks brother!

7 minutes ago, kenneyfish said:

Not sure don't fish there anymore since they killed all the weeds off.

You an MA guy? I'm from the South coast area, but so most of my freshwater fishing out around Worcester area.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, fishhct said:

have you thought about making a double hook version. Might increase you hookup and decrease overall hook profile 

I did one variation that has a second hook on the back, instead of a tail. It definitely helps the hookup ratio, but I needed to scale down from 1/0s. 

I have a larger, jointed version that I've been tweaking and working on. That version incorporates two hooks as well, but I'm not ready to share that one yet. Still some design changes to make and tweak.

one thing that could be a cool addition if you added a frog hook to the back that is secured with magnets, therefore, it won't get tangled up with the tail, as long as the hookup ratio is good that looks like a really fun bait to fish

• 2 weeks later...