JSJ BAIT HITCH SIX RECOIL SOFT WEEDLESS SWIMBAIT - Help needed

NORTHERN_GLIDER

Happy New Year dear swimbaiters!

I bought the 2018 JSJ hitch six recoil swimbait. Bait is very rigid. I have found zero to very subtle tail action, even at high speed.

I rapidly lost confidence in the bait due to the lack of action.

Is the lack of tail action normal? Can anyone help me understanding how to effectively use this bait?

Thank you!

I had the same experience with a delta shiner hitch 6 I bought in ‘17. Zero tail kick or movement, and extremely rigid. My fishing partner saw it in the water and proceeded to heckle me for the rest of the day...It no longer rides in the boat. I have thought about boiling it but then talk my self out of it. I’ll give it a go tomorrow  and post results. 

In searching around for my delta shiner (which I couldn’t find) I ran across a silver ghost still in the package so I guess I bought 2 of these things...0AA8731F-A810-49CF-A865-4ACF280E8C45.thumb.jpeg.e9e9993cb2331ccc2524bbea7a822741.jpeg

The picture below is before the boil...9A5503E4-7587-48DA-9E25-CC2DD2652D94.thumb.jpeg.23e9d2b3830c12220a2c3a03cf5f37cc.jpeg

and after the boil...6CC66F5C-09F6-405B-92C5-02D8F26B8F79.thumb.jpeg.a1c8a4993c8f27b7b5111f36ba39abda.jpeg

thats about 45 seconds fully submerged at a full boil. It’s a hell of a lot softer to the touch and obviously loosened up the rigidity, had zero effect on the paint. I’d provide a swim video but I’m surrounded by hard water around my domicile. Hopefully that helps in your query! 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NORTHERN_GLIDER said:

OK so I boiled the bait for 2 minutss amd no significant difference in the softness... Nothing comparing to the before and after posted.

WIll try boiling for 5 minutes...

Put it in the microwave for 35 minutes, i do this to all of my swimbaits. Hard or soft.

Totally kidding. Please dont haha

There might be a difference in the plastics from the hitch 6 to the hitch 6 recoil. I’ve looked around a bit and can’t find much info so my next step, if I were you, would be contacting Mr. JSJ him self through one of his social media outlet’s and ask him what he would recommend. The worst that could happen is you will be ignored. 

The hitch 6 does have very minimal action but my friend got a bass to commit to one that rivals our state record, so I would throw it if I were you. Bait catches absolutely giant bass, it never did numbers for me even in its small size but that thing gets huge bass to commit and I'm not sure why

• 1 year later...

Hitch 6 and Hitch 6 Recoil are made up of different plastics. There are descriptions on his website. If anyone has any they want to part with, im looking for a few. email me @ mr.skandrew@gmail.com