2012 Prespawn PB

Jfish

Personal best for 2012 was in February on a good prespawn Hudd bite that got me 4 fish at 10lbs or better in a 3 week period. The best was this 11.5 out of a City Park Lake. Very memorable as I made the one last cast....one more last cast routine...then got thumped with 5 feet of line out...the fish took off got me wet and ripped some drag. Fish was full of eggs and trout I would say.

I was shaking for a few hours....it never gets old but those big ones are hard to come by so its so special when it does happen. Good idea starting this new category.

JK

post-283-14252986655269_thumb.jpg

That's so cool when they hit right by the shore. At that point it's all up to the rod and the line to handle the fish. There's almost no reel involved. A couple of the big ones I caught this spring during our little back and forth mojo spree pulled REAL HARD, and a few hit right at my feet. A lot of people say that big bass don't fight hard...and I just laugh in their face. Of course the older, beat up fish don't have the spring in their step anymore, but hook up with a 9+ fish that is still young age-wise, and you'll understand why such stout equipment is needed. Sorry, just thinking back to this spring. That was so epic.

Nice fish man.

That's so cool when they hit right by the shore. At that point it's all up to the rod and the line to handle the fish. There's almost no reel involved. A couple of the big ones I caught this spring during our little back and forth mojo spree pulled REAL HARD, and a few hit right at my feet. A lot of people say that big bass don't fight hard...and I just laugh in their face. Of course the older, beat up fish don't have the spring in their step anymore, but hook up with a 9+ fish that is still young age-wise, and you'll understand why such stout equipment is needed. Sorry, just thinking back to this spring. That was so epic.

Nice fish man.

+1! I don't care what anyone says, I'm out there with the heaviest bass tackle made, the stoutest equipment that could easily be used to catch Salmon/ Steelhead/ shoot even Sturgeon :lol: And they still find any loop hole in the system to break your heart!

I had a 6lbr hooked on the nose with a hudd this winter tall muscular fish that pulled harder than anything I have ever seen, I set and turned to my buddy "$hit dude I cant reel" His jaw dropped when he saw me boat flip it expecting a DD :lol: . Some of them fight crazy hard.

Nice fish man.

+1! I don't care what anyone says, I'm out there with the heaviest bass tackle made, the stoutest equipment that could easily be used to catch Salmon/ Steelhead/ shoot even Sturgeon :lol: And they still find any loop hole in the system to break your heart!

I had a 6lbr hooked on the nose with a hudd this winter tall muscular fish that pulled harder than anything I have ever seen, I set and turned to my buddy "$hit dude I cant reel" His jaw dropped when he saw me boat flip it expecting a DD :lol: . Some of them fight crazy hard.

Yep, and when you get one with a closed mouth, it's twice the fight. The first 9 pounder I caught this spring pinned her mouth shut with an Owner ST-36 1/0 hook, and it wasn't a love tap when she bit. It was a full on freight-train in the other direction bite. I also could not physically turn the reel handle. Then she popped the line right as she got over shore and flopped back in, and after 46 hours without any fish, I sure as hell jumped in after her. Good lord, even typing that gives me goose bumps. I'll never forget how badly I was shaking for the rest of the night. Dammit I love swimbaiting, even the month long slumps. They make the big fish feel even better.

Dam John, either you got small feet or thats hell of a pig ;) Congrats! bow-1.gif

I wear a size 6 in boys....is that small?? Hahahhahah...actually I wear a 10. These fish are all short and fat almost all year long but this one was a glutton.

JK

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...