Suggestions for Swimbaits in New England

joeralls

• 4 months later...

There’s quite a few New England swimbaits that I wish I could get my hands on from the east coast (Pats, Go2, Holy Crappie, Lanciotti psycho gill, Defcon). They seem to run in close circles though so good luck. 

Lots of good midsized swimbaits thats will work in the east (I really liked perch patterns)

• 2 years later...

Question for the New England guys.  Everyone talks about big bass being "trout eaters".  We all know the states stock the hell out of our water bodies around here.  Like MA for example, pretty much every puddle gets some stocked fish at least in the spring and many in fall as well.  Given that our northern bass only grow so big do you think they actively pursue stocked trout like they do in Cali for example?

Edited by Frezzy

10 hours ago, Frezzy said:

Question for the New England guys.  Everyone talks about big bass being "trout eaters".  We all know the states stock the hell out of our water bodies around here.  Like MA for example, pretty much every puddle gets some stocked fish at least in the spring and many in fall as well.  Given that our northern bass only grow so big do you think they actively pursue stocked trout like they do in Cali for example?

It’s the short growing season usually. By the time it takes a largie to grow to 6+lbs in the NE it’s usually close to the end of its life. Ofc there are some that get massive and grow longer. But the average is that they don’t have a long enough growing season 

18 hours ago, Frezzy said:

I would guess they do. Years ago I caught a 3 or 4lb pickerel with a tail sticking out of its mouth. I pulled it out and it was about a 10” stocker trout. 

On 2/18/2022 at 1:14 PM, Frezzy said:

Bass do target trout most definitely. Easier to swallow and high protein. But i find for me in NH that Black Crappie are the key to the biggest fish. Even waters that i don't fish but i know have BC in them tend to have a reputation of producing 6+ lb bass. On a regular basis. Just my experience at least.