“OG” ?

OnlySwimbaits

Search it....

I keep seeing questions that have been asked many times over the years pop up again and again. Not griping but damn, USE THE SEARCH TOOL! There is endless amounts of great information from the past 8 years here. You just need to look for it. 

12 minutes ago, BOZ said:

Search it....

I keep seeing questions that have been asked many times over the years pop up again and again. Not griping but damn, USE THE SEARCH TOOL! There is endless amounts of great information from the past 8 years here. You just need to look for it. 

kinda looks like griping lol

ok, I searched “og” and there were 0 results

Edited by OnlySwimbaits

Its pretty specific to individual baits.  For example the OG version of a Deps 250 swims better than then newer injected version.  On the other hand the newer injected version of the Deps 175 seems to swim better than the OG.  With Lunker Punkers the OG versions walk very well but the 2nd version had lots of problems with baits not being balanced properly.  Sometimes the OG thing gets carried away.  People look for old Slammers thinking they are somehow better but the Slammer addicts will tell you the year produced doesn't matter- they are all slightly different regardless of age.

As baits evolve, they will catch far more fisherman than they will fish.  Not knocking the new stuff at all. And loads of massively talented guys make stuff I could never even dream of reproducing.  That being said, I've caught quite a few nice bass on old school stuff.  Back when I lived in Cali we'd frequently troll  whatever was in our tackle box, including metal lipped rapala (CD 18?) designed for trolling kelp paddies for yellowtail and dorado.  Stuck more than a few nice bass off the dam and in rock climbers cove at Perris back in the 80's. 

Obviously there are far more appealing options out there now (and even then).  I think color and finish are overrated.  It's the action and vibration (distress?) that causes the strikes more often than not.  There are Roman Mades out there that look like they've decomposed due to having all the finish mangled up.  But still now they are sticking fatties with them.