Calico Sesh June 2019

SDBayBassMan

The water down here in San Diego has been pretty stirred up since the last storm a couple weeks ago.  In comparison to the previous year, we are seeing lower water temps than what we had last year, plus a recent red tide mixed with already dirty water.   With that being said, the bite has been a little tougher but it's still early and great to be out there nonetheless.  Beautiful day with great weather.  Managed to steadily catch about 20 calicos throughout the morning between the two of us.  Biggest one most likely went to 4 and change on the good ol' arm scale, haha.  

I spent a majority of the time throwing the Toxic Salty proto Wake N Crank, a new bait I picked up called the GC Huss Flat 180 Green Cray Fish and also a DRT Klash 9. 

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

So cool! 

I have a trip planned to Cedros island, summer 2020. I can't wait to throw some swimmers for the big calicos down there. I'll have to get Ceasar to build me a couple saltwater baits for me...

Not really swimbait related but....The bluefin are staring to bite pretty good down off SD. I went out over the weekend. I landed a 70lber on a jig and lost another 80-90lber on livebait.

Ij6xQxP.jpg