Musky on the Slammer

yev14

I have a spot in the primary lake I fish that is one of my favorite Slammer spots, it's part of a much larger weedbed but this particular section has been especially good over the years, the water is a little deeper and the weeds generally are a foot or so below the surface. It's one of my go to night fishing spots.  I was throwing a 9" Slammer I got earlier this year in choppy water :) last night, steady swim retrieve with pauses, stopped the lure about 6 feet from the boat, let it sit, and a 35" Musky absolutely blasted it.  I've caught a lot of Muskies over the years but not too many have hit on the surface that close to the boat at night. lol it's pass the toilet paper time. Complete bedlam.

Lousy picture of the fish, sorry about that, the phone decided to freeze up and the fish was going insane so the priority was to get her unhooked and released. 

I just love Slammers :)

August 9 Musky.jpg

Musky Slammer back.jpg

Musky Slammer.jpg

4 hours ago, FishDr said:

Welcome to my world!  I landed my first and only tiger muskie during a solo night trip, snapped three pictures, and each managed to cut the fish's head off.  Nice fish, no matter what the camera did!

I remember that fish , I was excited for you when you caught it. Remember that the worst photographers are the best fishermen :)