Hawgtech handles

Bass the east

I’ve been running hawgtechs for 2 years now. One on a Cardiff and one on my new Curado K this year. The 102mm’s are a great upgrade for reels with a smaller stock handle. Allows less effort when cranking and waking. Plus they look awesome and the bearings in the knobs spin like a skateboard wheel. A few weeks ago I noticed my Cardiff handle was getting loose (user error). I called up mike slipy from hawgtech and even told him how I messed up the handle while I was repairing the reel on the boat with a multi tool. Now this handle is 2 years old and out of warranty. He replaced it free of charge! I felt like I owed him so I ordered another for my tranx and he even offered me a discount. He even called to make sure I received my replacement handle and the new one and everything was satisfactory. Ended up shooting the sh*t about fishing for 30 min haha. Great guy, unbelievable customer service, and awesome product. Would recommend hawgtech 10/10. Gotta get myself one of those 110mm’s now.

The hawgtechs are the way to go, I have 3 of the 102mm on my Calcutta 400B reels. 

The customer service is top notch, mike is always willing to answer questions 

I haven’t tried the 110mm handles as I feel I’d probably have to switch all of them over from the 102s 

for $80 it’s tough to beat the value, customer service and options 

I can’t fish a reel with a straight handle anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, chefchris said:

Can even put the drt Knobs on em! 

56582344-88BE-4FAA-B975-94F03A549AA2.jpeg

30865A65-EBC5-4C83-B99A-E697B0778CF6.jpeg

Are you running just DRT knob covers or complete drt knobs with barrels and end caps?

I want to use my DRT black covers and just use the hawgtech barrels and end caps

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, Bass the east said:

*messed that up it was Robert Parez that I talked to and hooked it up for me. Great dude.

Robert is a cool dude! Went 110mm on all mine now, you'll never look back. Highly recommended !!!! They are thicker and stronger.

20190904_165215.jpg

20190904_165317.jpg

On 9/3/2019 at 12:48 PM, bbarnes52 said:

Are you running just DRT knob covers or complete drt knobs with barrels and end caps?

I want to use my DRT black covers and just use the hawgtech barrels and end caps

Just covers man, super easy. 

Hawgtech is the only after market handle you need to look at!  I’ve got them on all my reels, conventional and swimbait. I really dig the new 110mm on the bigger swimbait reels, just feels so right!!  You will not find a better level of service either!  Mike helped me fit a couple Z2020’s i was having a little trouble with.  I sent the reels to him, he sourced a little piece I needed and had them back in no time. He refused to take my money for the fix too. I’ve dealt with Robert and Mike for at least 4 years now and have never once had a remotely negative experience.   

Hands down the best bang for the buck on an aftermarket handle!

On 9/8/2019 at 10:22 AM, JoeLo7 said:

chefchris, can you post a picture of the top of the knobs? maybe tell us how you fitted them to the handle? i am interested in doing this too, just not sure how to make it work.

thanks

Joe

No end caps on the drt knobs, these are just the actually drt knob sleeves in place of the factory hawgtech ones 

some people might not like it like that, but makes no difference to me or performance wise 

B287D7DF-A2CE-4D71-BBD2-496B69EE7531.jpeg

F107D4C0-F852-406C-9028-C203A13261A5.jpeg