First day with the mouse, new PB

bbarnes52

I acquired a 2facedwaking mouse while on vacation, came home from a rough salt fishing trip and needed to catch green fish. I have had great luck with all of my rat baits so I knew the mouse should be no different.

Myself and my girlfriend arrived at the little 40 acre reservoir around 5:30 or so in the evening, no boats there as it was a Monday. Everything unloaded and in the water when another boat showed up and launched pretty quick. (my pelican bass raider takes more time to unload and get setup than their bass tracker). So, at that point we were both in the water and I decided to hit the shaded bank and let them fish all of the standing and submerged brush. First cast I fire out the new pats and catch a dink, laughing because I always tell my gf how bad luck this is. I put that rod down and pick up the mouse, don't even give it a test swim, just cast way out to a grass line on the shore, give a crank or two not even paying attention when I hear a huge blowup, and my rod almost left my hand. Steady cranking telling her its big and get the net. Everything went perfect with this fish, unlike my few heartbreaks this year, and it went right into the net.

She ended up going 6lbs 3oz on the digital scale. My Pb and the biggest fish ive caught in over 2 years my previous 6.2pb

It felt good to finally get a fish that size in my hand after losing some absolute giants this year boatside

Now the quest continues for something bigger, pay no mind my gf's PB is 8.9 LOL

IMG_2939.JPG

IMG_7085.JPEG