Pb swimbait fish today

Jason30

Earlier this week I picked up a Curado 300e for $110 and went out yesterday and got the irod jrswim to pair with it. Took it out this morning to break it in. Fished for about 45 minutes working the bank with the gantarel, No followers or signs of fish. Saw a guy dragging a worm picking off some bass so I decided to go around the corner from him near some bushes. Made a cast that didn’t go where I wanted to but still worked it back in and maybe 10 feet from me next to the bushes I got slammed reeled her in quick and got a little wet In the process. Walked over to the guy dragging the worm and asked to use his scale and she weighed in 5.8lb including the 2.4 oz bait in her mouth.  She was a big long fish with a giant head. Potential to be a DD some day. Wish I would’ve taken better pics but wanted to get her back In The water. Pb swimbait fish. On the new setup. Awesome way to break in the new gear

0A5D8E23-4D1F-410B-BF5B-E572750A8BAA.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bass24hr said:

Congratulations on the PB! Time to chase the next one.

Yup. Chasing the DD. Can’t wait for prespawn. This fish was more fun to catch than my real lmb Pb (that I’ve weighed) that was 6.6 on a worm. 

5 hours ago, Noreaster603 said:

congrats man, good thing you didnt give up on that cast haha

Ya I know. I was kinda half ass reeling also. Looking over at the guy on the bank seeing how he was doing. It always seems to happen when youre not paying attention