LSB baits/basshole

Doomlurker

2 minutes ago, Doomlurker said:

That’s when I originally sent mine in. I’m happy with the end result, but I’ll probably give another painter a try for my next repaint. 

I’ve had zero luck with repaints, too many issues all around for me, and I’ve tried a few different guys over the years. 

I think I’d go wrapped next time if I need to get a bait reworked 

14 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I’ve had zero luck with repaints, too many issues all around for me, and I’ve tried a few different guys over the years. 

I think I’d go wrapped next time if I need to get a bait reworked 

I hear that. I’ve had the same experience with getting a bait wrapped as well. 

1 hour ago, Hmoob said:

I had the same experience, excellent paint job, bait looks great, but the wait was waaayyy too long. 

I hear ya. At least he stays in communication which is nice. 

• 1 month later...

Yea I’d touch on this , he’s refusing to send mine back unpainted don’t really know why not ? Guess no time to go to the post office also told me that my deps 175 is a small bait and I can wait and that he’s sure I have other baits I can use supposed to be a 3-7 week turn around believe it’s be upwards of 20weeks 

18 minutes ago, Stephenk said:

Yea I’d touch on this , he’s refusing to send mine back unpainted don’t really know why not ? Guess no time to go to the post office also told me that my deps 175 is a small bait and I can wait and that he’s sure I have other baits I can use supposed to be a 3-7 week turn around believe it’s be upwards of 20weeks 

Sounds all too familiar. The Deps definitely get the bastard treatment with that dude. Good luck 

Ok, now that I've got all my baits back here's my experience with Bass_hole.......

I shipped 4 Mothers to Nick and ordered 4 Hinkle shad and 2 Hinkle trout blanks from him/Andrew.  I sent him exact pictures of what I was looking for in all the baits.  Out of the 4 Mothers, just one turned out just "ok", the other 3 were not even close to what I was looking for.  I had him paint just one Hinkle trout and shad.  The Hinkle trout again turned out nothing like the pic I texted him and I ended up selling it for a loss here on the black market just to recoup some money.  The Hinkle shad turned out "ok", so I had him mail me the remaining 3 Hinkle shad blanks and 1 Hinkle trout blank.  He put his "color shifting" rainbow paint on all 4 Mothers (which I had no clue he was going to do).  When he texted me pics of them, I immediately told him I didn't want that color shifting paint on there and to paint over it.  His response:  "Can't change them now, they are what they are now".  I noticed he always put blood "splotches" and blood marks on his baits and I specifically said multiple times I didn't want any bloody spots on any baits, I wanted them as "plain/natural" as possible so I would think he'd know not to put his "color shifting" paint on them .  I got the baits in and he didn't even attach the fins to the Hinkle baits, plus I said I wanted gray fins on every Hinkle bait and he sent me the red fins for one Hinkle shad.  There were two "deadlines" or days he promised me one or more Mothers would be complete, well those days came and went.  Towards the end of this I texted him twice in a two week period without a response until finally he responded saying:  "Bro stop hounding me!  Let me update you on when the baits will be finished".  I didn't know that 2 texts in a 2 week period was considered "hounding".  It shocked me that he would act like that especially with someone who had that much money/baits with him, I expected a little more "polish" as far as customer relations.  I'm a customer (high paying customer at that), not a f*%$^#@ "bro".  My overall time frame on getting my baits back was 4 months.  I will never do business with him again and will never recommend him to anyone.  I should have been more hesitant than I was, especially after the whole UFO bait incident that he had, but another life lesson learned the hard way on my part.....

I shipped all 4 of the Mothers Nick did, the 3 Hinkle trout blanks and 1 Hinkle trout blank to Jason aka Bassjak to redo them and I couldn't be happier.  Jason has been great with communication, hasn't been rude and hasn't called me a "bro" and his paint jobs have turned out way better than Nicks.  Overall Jason has painted 10 Mother's, 3 Hinkle shads and 1 Hinkle trout for me and he will continue to get my business from here on out.   

@18RangerZ520L I can agree with some of your laments. Sent him 4 baits. Took 7 months to get 2 and I'm still waiting on 2 more. Had a lot of promised turn around times but they were never met. The paints were nice but not really worth the wait. 

Went to another painter with some other baits and the turn around time was MUCH faster and the paint job was still excellent.