For anyone fishing the Monka Crawler..

Wes Peart

Been doing some work with the Monka Crawler at night lately, this thing gets CRUSHED. Never seen a bait that fish attack as viciously as this. Mine is black with a red belly stripe..

My problem is this thing requires constant retuning. I'm talking after every fish I've got to futz with the tuning screws and do a test swim or two before getting back to it. Sometimes it goes out of tune just from hitting the water. Is this a problem endemic to all crawler baits?

I throw an Aventa crawler, I LOVE IT. Every so often I need to tighten the screws and bend the tabs, I think it’s just part of having lightweight metal wings. Also I have super glued the screws into the bait, helps without having to tighten them a lil longer. I had an NZ crawler but I prefer the Aventa.

I've been throwing the Aventa heavily and haven't has this problem.  It catches a lot of fish haha.  One issue I had is that a screw fell out, leaving the poor lure with a broken wing :cry: .  I was able to find the right screw in an eyeglass repair kit, superglue and good to go.