Moams

SDBasser

On my maniac xl 6-12oz iv thrown baits down to 2oz and still it would get em out there lol but yea iv thrown the 250 on up to a 316 beast on mine and it would toss em around like nothing, they are great rods and would highly recommend, mine are spiraled to the right but either way i dont think it makes a difference imo....

On 11/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, SDBasser said:

Also does it matter what side the spiral rap is. if I'm lefty can i throw a rod with the spiral rapt the right.

The direction of the wrap is to match the reel handle so when you set the rod down with the handle up (like on the deck of the boat) the guides are also facing up. The direction of the wrap has no bearing on castability. 

Edited by chevro1et

7 hours ago, chevro1et said:

The direction of the wrap is to match the reel handle so when you set the rod down with the handle up (like on the deck of the boat) the guides are also facing up. The direction of the wrap has no bearing on castability. 

Ok so I could get a wrapped to the right and it would not matter.

On 11/6/2019 at 5:33 AM, Tinos240 said:

On my maniac xl 6-12oz iv thrown baits down to 2oz and still it would get em out there lol but yea iv thrown the 250 on up to a 316 beast on mine and it would toss em around like nothing, they are great rods and would highly recommend, mine are spiraled to the right but either way i dont think it makes a difference imo....

Do you know why you can't send in a deposit on his website. 

On 11/5/2019 at 5:10 PM, SDBasser said:

I sent an email a couple days ago. Has not responded.

I had placed a custom rod order for (5) rods with him and sent in the $1,200 or so deposit.  I get an email saying "I don't feel comfortable building your rods at this time" a couple weeks later after we had ironed out all the details on each rod and was refunded my deposit.  I emailed him a few times after that asking for a response as to why my order was cancelled out of the blue, zero response to date......

Good luck..........

39 minutes ago, SDBasser said:

Do you know why you can't send in a deposit on his website. 

Havent ordered one in about a year so idk bro, overall have had great success gettin 5 rods built from cam in the past...

9 hours ago, Tinos240 said:

Havent ordered one in about a year so idk bro, overall have had great success gettin 5 rods built from cam in the past...

any other good rod makers that don't take years for the rods to come.