Anyone downsize hook size on Tiny Klash?

Jinxd12

Outdoorproshop says they are ST-46 1 and 2 but I I've replaced mine with st-36 stingers after bending them out on rocks/pickerel. Bait swims the same. I wouldn't go any smaller though.

29 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

Has anyone down sized the Tiny Klash hooksize?

Im not sure of the stock sizes, but I again watched all the Mike Gilbert videos, and it had me intrigued on the Klash baits. 

I think they are actually st-46s on the TK as I've never been able to find st-36s in black chrome. However, I've used the st-36s and never noticed a difference in hookup ratio. I've caught plenty of 1-2 lb smallies using both types of hooks, so I don't think they are too big. I think Mike is referring to 8 inch + baits in his video where people generally like to upsize to 1/0-2/0 quads. Personally, I wouldn't really mess with TK hooks too much or else you might loose the nice suspension they have when you pause on the retrieve.

19 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

Any downside to your hookups or upsides?

21 minutes ago, 207klasher said:

I think they are actually st-46s on the TK as I've never been able to find st-36s in black chrome. However, I've used the st-36s and never noticed a difference in hookup ratio. I've caught plenty of 1-2 lb smallies using both types of hooks, so I don't think they are too big. I think Mike is referring to 8 inch + baits in his video where people generally like to upsize to 1/0-2/0 quads. Personally, I wouldn't really mess with TK hooks too much or else you might loose the nice suspension they have when you pause on the retrieve.

I get that for sure, I need to get new hooks so figured I’d ask the question.

8 minutes ago, bassbass said:

I would leave them the way they come on both the tiny and K9. I did have a hook bend out on a big fish with almost locked drag.

IMG_20190223_082526592_HDR~2.jpg

I did the same thing, except it was a submerged bush haha.

43 minutes ago, Bassmann86 said:

The hooks that are on the TK are owner STY-35 short shanks in I believed size 2 

I don't think they are short shanks. This is a picture of a stock hook on the TK and an st-46 size 1 to the left. I could be wrong though.

20191121_230658.jpg

I’d leave them with what they come stock. The low floats have those exact light wire hooks for the correct suspend/float. The Klash9 comes with St-35 sz 1/0 and the Tiny Klash is St-35 sz 1. 

Edited by carlsbadbassin89

1 hour ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

I’d leave them with what they come stock. The low floats have those exact light wire hooks for the correct suspend/float. The Klash9 comes with St-35 sz 1/0 and the Tiny Klash is St-35 sz 1. 

Makes sense, ill order up some hooks today.

1 hour ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

Are the front and back hooks the same size?

I believe the K9 actually comes with st36 1/0s. Although a lot of people in japan are using longer shank hooks for the glide mode so when the bait is twitched the hooks will swing further from center and it will flare more. Specifically, the ryugi brutal. It’s kinda hard to get in the US though.