Spinner Box Build

chefchris

Got a few pms and questions about the spinner I use. 

It’s an enclosed box, holds 40 plugs (was originally designed for striper plugs) Dayton rotisserie motor, 70 watt light bulb for heat. 

i picked this up off another local builder when he stopped building, he’s a high end cabinet maker so this box is beyond over built. It’s heavy and pain to move! It’s also way bigger than I need but it was $75! 

but it gets the job done great! I usually only epoxy 6-12 baits a time and leave plenty of room in between the baits. 

I usually let em spin for 6-8 hours before I turn the light bulb on for heat. Been I’ve used the light bulb at the beginning of the process it caused the epoxy to cure to fast and caused a lot of bubbles.  

before this one I had made a little spinner that held 8 baits, and was open to the elements. Never really had any issues but did get some dust and fruit flies/spiders dried to baits. 

368B1A15-85AD-44D8-A167-0F4904771C08.jpeg

8AE62C17-176C-45F8-BAF0-44CC819053E3.jpeg

9023C47F-AE64-46CC-B2E8-3A7068F5B448.jpeg

This is actually incredible. Really well done. 
I'm not jealous at all....

Do you have a link to the motor?
Or does it really cost $300 for one of those? A bit steep for me but if you're making 12 plugs at a time I can imagine it's worth it. 

On 11/26/2019 at 10:47 AM, DoomDiver said:

This is actually incredible. Really well done. 
I'm not jealous at all....

Do you have a link to the motor?
Or does it really cost $300 for one of those? A bit steep for me but if you're making 12 plugs at a time I can imagine it's worth it. 

Grainger has the motor for about $75 shipped, most guys get a 4-8rpm motor. 
this thing is crazy overbuilt and incredibly nice 

I also use it for drying sealed baits and paints to contain the smell and help the curing process. 

thanks guys it is truly a bad ass piece of equipment. 

This is the one I made. Think it cost be $60 total, 4 rpm motor from eBay, 2-12” clock templates from michaels, some left over. Part stock, some hooks and elastics, I used this one for a full year of building, a few 100 Baits with no issues.