Decoy quad hook covers - 3d print

DanD-Jigs

Hey SU Crew, 

I saw earlier on the forums folks who bought the hook covers from Thailand, but complained that they were only for the smaller size hooks. I wasn't able to determine if in fact they made them for the size 1/0's that I use on my larger baits. A web search wasn't too helpful either. 

However, after venturing into the dark web (page 4 or 5 of google search results) I came across a free source 3d print design that someone made for the 1/0 hooks. My brother in law has a 3d printer and he printed me a couple. They came out excellent; tight and secure fit with proper measurements. If anyone decides to replicate this, I would recommend using the softer, more pliable printing filaments. 

Here is the link to the 3d rendering and print details https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3833563

Hope this helps others out. If there is a manufactured product that does in fact fit the 1/0 and this post is irrelevant, please point me to where I can buy them! 

Quad hook  1.jpg

Quad hook 2.jpg

24 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

If someone would be willing to print and ship a half dozen of these, hit me up and lets work something out. 

message @DanD-Jigs and ask if his brother in law will print some for you

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2020 at 11:04 PM, chevro1et said:

If someone would be willing to print and ship a half dozen of these, hit me up and lets work something out. 

I'm the original designer, I am starting to make these again now that I've moved into my new house and can add you to my list if you still need some.

On 1/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, DanD-Jigs said:

Hey SU Crew, 

I saw earlier on the forums folks who bought the hook covers from Thailand, but complained that they were only for the smaller size hooks. I wasn't able to determine if in fact they made them for the size 1/0's that I use on my larger baits. A web search wasn't too helpful either. 

However, after venturing into the dark web (page 4 or 5 of google search results) I came across a free source 3d print design that someone made for the 1/0 hooks. My brother in law has a 3d printer and he printed me a couple. They came out excellent; tight and secure fit with proper measurements. If anyone decides to replicate this, I would recommend using the softer, more pliable printing filaments. 

Here is the link to the 3d rendering and print details https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3833563

Hope this helps others out. If there is a manufactured product that does in fact fit the 1/0 and this post is irrelevant, please point me to where I can buy them! 

Quad hook  1.jpg

Quad hook 2.jpg

I typically use a PLA+ filament, but I am honestly not huge on quad hooks. Mainly designed for a friend that uses them and we got here. I just never had time to make them and sell them off so I posted the file. Any filament recommendations for me to try on them? I also cast things and mold them frequently so I may give a semi-rigid urethane a try when I can. I'm glad they worked well dimensionally!