Best Crankdowns

CaliBassin

21 hours ago, urbanhick said:

I throw mine on a revo toro winch, it's the perfect reel for that big drag that bait has.

I switched to a Calcutta TE but the slower ratio resulted in less bites for me... I've got it on an Abu now as well, revo toro beast

definitely tons of drag!

On 2/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Dsouth said:

Lanciotti lures is another great crank down bait, I picked 1 up last spring and was extremely impressed with how it swims along with the depth it dives. The color I bought was Pearl White + Chartreuse, what bait ended up landing me the biggest LM in the C+R category in Mass for 2019 along with a tie for the biggest Pickerel C+R in Mass in 2019 so it’s a proved winner in my crank down book.

80574660_478871329730381_4716612881217486848_o.jpg

IMG_1805.JPG

How much do the lanicotti gills run for? I have been looking at them for a while but haven’t heard much about them. Can you order them whenever or is there drops?

Lanciotti lures is another great crank down bait, I picked 1 up last spring and was extremely impressed with how it swims along with the depth it dives. The color I bought was Pearl White + Chartreuse, what bait ended up landing me the biggest LM in the C+R category in Mass for 2019 along with a tie for the biggest Pickerel C+R in Mass in 2019 so it’s a proved winner in my crank down book.

IMG_1805.JPG

How much do the lanicotti gills run for? I have been looking at them for a while but haven’t heard much about them. Can you order them whenever or is there drops?

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

1 minute ago, CaliBassin said:

not exactly sure why that got posted several times. Lol

Must really want an answer! 
I thought it was just my phone loading weird cause of work. 
from what I’ve seen he does drops, not sure about pre orders 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, jiggerjake said:

Do the Mink and Whippersnapper crank down about the same with the Whippersnapper having a tighter action to it?

The whippersnapper gets down further for sure, I’m not certain in depth but I’m thinking 5-6 feet. Even my weighted mink only goes about 3 feet deep at the most. 

I have a few crackdowns . And Phat lab Dsr LL dives the deepest . Also the low float tiny Klash and Klash 9 . They dive 10ft plus and they work so good I can’t use them in the river because it’s to shallow. I think an internal weighting system is essential for effective diving 

3 hours ago, Riverking said:

I have a few crackdowns . And Phat lab Dsr LL dives the deepest . Also the low float tiny Klash and Klash 9 . They dive 10ft plus and they work so good I can’t use them in the river because it’s to shallow. I think an internal weighting system is essential for effective diving 

I didn't know lo float tk and k9 got down that low. Good to know 

I haven’t tried the Drt dtk 13 but it’s supposed to dive pretty deep . It has twice the weights of the low float with a longer bill . I want to get one and try it . Not alote of info on them just one video on YouTube. The lo floats do crank down very effortlessly . Ryugi even sells a Tokyo rig for the Klash