Reunited-Bait Travel

chefchris

Figured I'd share this cool story about this baits journey. 

I purchased this 316 OG Wake that @SPEEDBEADhad converted to a glide back in 2014. Wayne had spent a lot of time weighting/tuning it and swam great. Think it was bone/white when I got it. 

After I got it, I cleaned up the hook rash, lip slot, joint area and weighted areas, and I sent it off to @pizz for a repaint. Color from referenced from a pic of a wild juvi rainbow trout from a backwoods stream in RI. 

Bait came back in April of 2015 and looked amazing, think i fished it a few times but never really gave it the time it deserved, was too into surfcasting for stripers that season. 

I sold it locally to another RI swimbait tosser, later in 2015. 

He sold it at some point, then it was resold 2x and @asohozaended up with it. I don't think anyone fished besides him based on how great of condition it was still after 5 seasons. 

I had seen it in a pic he posted with his other 316 collections, I had reached out about it and just thought it was cool it surfaced back up. 

He ended up posting it for sale on the Black Market and I grabbed it to fish it this season. I threw some hooks on it and found some open water to see it swim again. 

Bait has a cool slow side to side swim, and the joint will knock if you give it a good twitch, otherwise its quiet, sinks level, super cool bait mod and stoked to have it back and give it its fair share of time in the water this season. 

3161.jpg

3162.jpg

4 hours ago, willsochill said:

My buddy attempted to make this one into a glide and never finished it. I turned it back into a wake and crank 10”. Moves the hook hanger back. Made a new tail and Bill. Thing wakes and cranks better than my stalk 10” wake. 

2ED018B6-6839-43DA-A660-6BD227F713C1.jpeg

I got a 10" I was working on making a crank.

Screenshot_20200210-030848_Gallery.jpg

Funny, being friends with @SPEEDBEAD I remember that bait when it was a still a bone 10” wake and he decided to do that mod.  I know there was a swim video at one time. I personally had a Bass colored one that I sold to Dave @flaswimbaiter and he either made it a suspender or a glide also. Like to have that bait back to revert to a wake if anyone has it? Was in pretty rough shape last I saw it, probably long gone by now. lol