Diawa lexa or okuma Citrix

Stephenk

Hey I have a rod that should be delivered to me in the next few weeks , anyways I wanted to try I higher speed real for glides and crackdowns and pretty much these are the two I’ve found in the low price ranger I’ve read pros and cons about both but wanted to see if anyone has had experience with each reel and could give me there 2 cents thanks . 

I had an Okuma Komodo that experienced gear failure withing the first two days of use. That is a step up from the Citrix. I sent it in to Okuma for replacement and received the repaired reel back with a list of 9 parts they replaced. I sold the reel at a local swap that year and put the money toward a new shimano. Of the two I would lean toward a lexa or tell you to wait and get a Tranx. There have been some good deals lately on Tranx on this board.

I have 2 Citrix that I've beat to hell and both have stood the test of time and abuse. I have the 5.4 and the 6.4 ratios. The only complaint I have with them is they are noisy even when clean, but if you can get past that they perform great. 

I can chime in on the lexas 

Ive owned a couple of the old gray OG versions in 300/400 sizes and recently the newer Winn versions. 

its a killer real for the $$ especially if you look around, I got my last lexa 300 Winn for $135 shipped. 

ive found its best to check the bearings out once you get em. Almost all of mine have needed oil on the bearings, but otherwise workhorse reels. I prefer the Winn double handle versus the power handle but that’s just personal preference. 

depending on your budget keep an eye on the black market, a tranx 300 just listed for $150. 

my fishing partner had the Citrix for one season and didn’t really care for it. Wasn’t as smooth and quiet as his other reels but never had any issues with it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Lexa and tranx. I have had zero issues with both but I have read that a lot of people had issues with lexa’s clicking over on casts and snapping off baits so I am always a little cautious when tossing baits with it.
the tranx is definitely a better reel and you can tell the difference in quality side by side.