Garage modification for weedless swimbait

Trusavage

Hey S.U. 

Like many of us who are looking for an edge or something to make our bait standout from the hundreds of swimbaits the bass (at least here is so cal, and neighboring states )  see on a daily basis. Modification is something I see a lot on the water, but not really on the Fourms. And I can see why. 

I'm currently working on a weedless swimbait that I can fish in the notorious snag zones where big bass rarely get bombarded with the usual  8"hudds .   And probably only see the 6"weedless Huddleston's if any. 

IM working on getting a solid 10" weedless trout. But from a cost stand point I'm starting with the 8" savage pulse tail. And feel like I'm on to something good.  I just need a little advice on what type of glue would work best for soft rubber to a hard foam. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Ok.  I know if I'm going to use a worm style hook.  It's going to have to be super heavy.  It's gonna have to handle that once in a lifer  30 lbs striper. 

I appreciate all input. 

Edited by Trusavage

So I’ll try and find the post but someone made a sick weedless version based around the owner beast hook. 
I know there’s more to it but in short they cut the bottom and removed the harness. Then cut about 85-90% of the harness away and left the nose area (think an area big enough for the screw lock) then sealed the body back up with mend it, except for the area where the beast hook went, popped the hook out along the back (I believe) right before the fin and now you have a bottom dragging weedless pulse tail. 

I had the pics saved forever on my phone, I’ll look for em and if not I’ll try and find the original post on IG 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...