New Phenix M1 Swimbait Rod

CentralMDBass

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a M1 1-6 since late 2017, its been my main Rod since then and i can definitely recommend it.
Its Perfect for 2-4oz baits, used three different reels with it and its been very comfortable with all of them.
Hope this can be of some help 

Ive had the older model for a little over a year and i love it. It says 1-6 ounces but i havent been comfortable throwing more than about 5, but you can do it if need be. I paired it with a tranx 300, and i havent had any problems on the low end. Ive thrown 3/4 ounce jigs Just fine when ive forgotten my jig rod. I got a chance to check out the new ones(the ones without the lower foam on the handle) at the fred hall show, and they are even lighter and still very well balanced. Im pretty sure they use the same blank so i doubt the action is much different. They are definatley more comfortable to hold then i thought theyd be considering they have no lower foam. 

• 8 months later...

Yes I had the older M1 and I have the new model in MH. 3/4-3oz I think it’s rated. Overall very nice rod. Works well for most everything in the rated range. Feels good, balanced good, my only dislike it’s the color and I would rather have a grip of some sort vs the flared butt. It is sensitive but I was worried about damaging butt while shore banging. So I cut a 1 1/2 inch piece of x flock and put it on butt. It has done me well and have caught lots of fish on it. Always handled the fish well and casts well. 
Nice thing about the MH is it can double as a deep crank rod or throwing heavy swim jigs.  

75B0CE38-5631-4507-886E-835D56110478.jpeg

Edited by Socalswimbait