Swimbait returned, extremely thankful.

365swimbait

So i ran into a guy while fishing and we started talking swimbaits. He tells me a while back he was fishing a nego and got it snagged, he tried to get it back with a lure retriever, but instead retrieved a gillrilla. Turns out it was the one i snapped off about 4 1/2 years ago. I pointed to the exact spot where i lost it and he confirmed thats where he found it. He walks to his van, hands me the swimbait and says “it’s yours”, I literally couldn’t believe it, it really was the one i lost and it still swam exactly how i remembered it. This type of stuff never happens to me. This was the 2nd swimbait i ever purchased. I caught a 4lb’r the first day after getting it from Brock. I was new then and didn’t know i had to retie so i left it on the rod for about four trips and that very week, I had lost it. I tried swimming for it with goggles and an underwater flashlight, but I gave up. This guy Mike is a good dude. All i had was a $20 bill in my wallet which he tried to refuse, but i forced him to take it. He said he snagged a godzilla while dropshotting and he found the owner through a mutual friend and confirmed it was his and returned it to that individual as well. Without a doubt, there’re good people in this world. When i can, i plan to buy this guy a brand new Nego. 

13ABAFF8-D918-4AD3-9A73-144B4C8297BB.jpeg

E56D9BC3-6C19-4C20-A108-EB1C95195748.jpeg

6 hours ago, El_Weruso said:

Bro! I know him! His name is Mike and a good friend of mine, he's also returned a Hiroshima Godzilla to Jack (BassJaks friend). Haha what a small world

Yea man, this guy is super good people. I think that’s the Godzilla he was talking about. 

On 3/7/2020 at 7:35 PM, 365swimbait said:

So i ran into a guy while fishing and we started talking swimbaits. He tells me a while back he was fishing a nego and got it snagged, he tried to get it back with a lure retriever, but instead retrieved a gillrilla. Turns out it was the one i snapped off about 4 1/2 years ago. I pointed to the exact spot where i lost it and he confirmed thats where he found it. He walks to his van, hands me the swimbait and says “it’s yours”, I literally couldn’t believe it, it really was the one i lost and it still swam exactly how i remembered it. This type of stuff never happens to me. This was the 2nd swimbait i ever purchased. I caught a 4lb’r the first day after getting it from Brock. I was new then and didn’t know i had to retie so i left it on the rod for about four trips and that very week, I had lost it. I tried swimming for it with goggles and an underwater flashlight, but I gave up. This guy Mike is a good dude. All i had was a $20 bill in my wallet which he tried to refuse, but i forced him to take it. He said he snagged a godzilla while dropshotting and he found the owner through a mutual friend and confirmed it was his and returned it to that individual as well. Without a doubt, there’re good people in this world. When i can, i plan to buy this guy a brand new Nego. 

13ABAFF8-D918-4AD3-9A73-144B4C8297BB.jpeg

E56D9BC3-6C19-4C20-A108-EB1C95195748.jpeg

That's so dope