Og 250 help

Sciaramitaro

Recently had the top hinge snap in half, leaving the other half of the hinge in the foam in the front of the bait. Anyone else have something like this happen? Anybody know somebody, or a way to fix it? I can post a picture after work. Thanks

Edited by Sciaramitaro

16 minutes ago, carlsbadbassin89 said:

Damn that sucks. I only had my hinges bend because of casting it onto a rock. I ended up taking the front section off and just using pliers to bend it back. Maybe you can find a new hinge and replace it? 

Prob with getting a new hinge is drilling out the other half of it in the front section. A little concerning. 

7 minutes ago, StriperAddict said:

I would try and contact Butch Brown. He is the master of the 250 and if it can be done I bet hes done it.

He dosent check here much anymore but @swimbait24/7 is his handle. I believe he prefers facebook

Good luck

I’m sure his inbox is gonna be full after watching those videos SU posted of him saying, “he tunes them for basically nothing, just pay for shipping”. So I’m trying to figure out a different way before I go that route. I may have to go that route though 

20 minutes ago, Sciaramitaro said:

Prob with getting a new hinge is drilling out the other half of it in the front section. A little concerning. 

I’m sure his inbox is gonna be full after watching those videos SU posted of him saying, “he tunes them for basically nothing, just pay for shipping”. So I’m trying to figure out a different way before I go that route. I may have to go that route though 

Most people already knew he tuned them for free. Is he getting a bunch of messages  probably but i doubt he is getting 1,000 of messages now.

@Sciaramitaro Yeah man i'm sure it's full to the rim by now. Little side story with him and I, i had sent him some Deps to be weighed but when i sent the baits there was some miscommunication (misunderstanding on my behalf) with his interpretation of "beer money" meaning a cashiers check or cash with the baits and he didn't want to be paid via paypal or any way that was electronically and he got real mad at me. I managed to piss off the swimbait godfather, i tried rectifying the situation but he wasn't having it. I still feel bad about it to this day, going to try and send him a beer care package hopefully he doesn't reject it. 

@Sciaramitaro I would just install a new ss magnum screw eye with some 2 part epoxy slightly below the stock one and bend it up a few degrees, if you want to send me your address I’ll send you an assortment of screw eyes, I think you’re local to me so would probably take a day or two for you to get em. 

7 minutes ago, El_Weruso said:

@Sciaramitaro Yeah man i'm sure it's full to the rim by now. Little side story with him and I, i had sent him some Deps to be weighed but when i sent the baits there was some miscommunication (misunderstanding on my behalf) with his interpretation of "beer money" meaning a cashiers check or cash with the baits and he didn't want to be paid via paypal or any way that was electronically and he got real mad at me. I managed to piss off the swimbait godfather, i tried rectifying the situation but he wasn't having it. I still feel bad about it to this day, going to try and send him a beer care package hopefully he doesn't reject it. 

He likes newcastle. 

If it is indeed the old foam body that’s good. Just take some kind of sharp tool and dig around the piece of screw eye so you can get some needle nose vice grips on it and twist out. As long as you don’t dig out too much material you will have plenty to hold the replacement screw eye. I would use an xacto or even ice pick just something u can remove the least amount of material possible.