Deps 250 hardware-Butch Style?

chefchris

So I know he uses the gami round bend trebles in bronze finish, 2/0 in front and 1/0 in the back. But in some videos he just says 1/0. 

trying to confirm the hook size front and back. 

any idea what split rings/size he’s running? 

thanks SU. 

want to rig the new shiner 250 as close to his way as possible. 

42 minutes ago, Andrewwang1769 said:

I couldnt find the gamaktsu bronze hooks anywhere.

I did a little looking around, and both the 1/0 and 2/0 are in stock on TW but only 25 packs.  Both sizes seem to be in stock here in 6 packs. 

https://www.xtackle.com/gamakatsu-round-bend-treble-bronze.aspx

1 minute ago, chevro1et said:

I did a little looking around, and both the 1/0 and 2/0 are in stock on TW but only 25 packs.  Both sizes seem to be in stock here in 6 packs. 

https://www.xtackle.com/gamakatsu-round-bend-treble-bronze.aspx

I thought those were the ones but for some reason they dont look like they would lie flush against the bait like butch said they should.

3 minutes ago, Andrewwang1769 said:

I thought those were the ones but for some reason they dont look like they would lie flush against the bait like butch said they should.

Honestly, I was a little confused when Butch said that Owner hooks don't sit flush against the bait.  If you pay attention and orient the hook correctly on the split ring and hanger, Owner ST-36s will sit with 2 prongs flush against the body of the bait and 1 prong straight down.  Unless I misunderstood Butch and this is not what he meant...

4 minutes ago, chevro1et said:

Honestly, I was a little confused when Butch said that Owner hooks don't sit flush against the bait.  If you pay attention and orient the hook correctly on the split ring and hanger, Owner ST-36s will sit with 2 prongs flush against the body of the bait and 1 prong straight down.  Unless I misunderstood Butch and this is not what he meant...

I could be wrong, but it's to my knowledge that the older Owner hooks didn't have the eyelet that lines up with a hook point. Maybe someone with better memory can correct me...

Just an FYI, you can also order the Gamakatsu bronze round bend treble hooks that Butch uses on the Gamakatsu website. Costs a little more but they have them in stock if you need them now. https://www.gamakatsu.com/product/treble-hooks-round-bend/. The 2/0 model number 47112 and the 1/0 model number is 47111. I ordered some a few weeks ago when they were out of stock at Tacklewarehouse.