State Parks Shutting Down?

168 Rookie

Illinois DNR stated they're gonna be closing public parks, fisheries (Forest preserve lakes up here) because of the COVID-19 situation. Anyone else's state doing this? Personally my main couple lakes are forest preserve spots but there's no parking lot--you've gotta park in the neighborhood and walk into the preserve. I know places with parking lots are gonna be locked up, but I'm planning on still hitting my walk-in spots. Any thoughts on this? Am I bogus for still "sneaking" into my spots, not really concerned about the virus?

Just thinking out loud, kinda ticked this whole thing has now affected fishing. Prayers still go out to the people who've actually been directly affected/infected, wanna make sure I'm not being completely selfish and thoughtless.

Thanks guys.

I'd say go for, why not? In New York they're actually doing the polar opposite I just watch my moron governor say to avoid close contact with people but the state will wave fees to all state parks for the time being. Kinda a contradiction but I think you're safer fishing than being in a 50 mile long line at the grocery store 

Yeah, before IL DNR made this announcement everything I'd read/heard was that forest preserves/nature hikes etc were like the SAFEST activities you could be doing right now (outdoors, fresh air, non-close-quarters) so this kinda threw me for a loop, last thing I was expecting. Glad I'm not the only one who plans to keep fishing!

2 minutes ago, 168 Rookie said:

Yeah, before IL DNR made this announcement everything I'd read/heard was that forest preserves/nature hikes etc were like the SAFEST activities you could be doing right now (outdoors, fresh air, non-close-quarters) so this kinda threw me for a loop, last thing I was expecting. Glad I'm not the only one who plans to keep fishing!

Idk about your parks but mine are like me and 3 other guys fishing then thousands of people picnicking and bbq and pick up games I thought it was funny they shut everything tf down then made the cook out spots free to enter Haha