Cast to Catch Equipment

Jinxd12

Go pro Hero 8 with chest mount, 128gb micro sd, and 10000 mah portable battery. Just plug battery into gopro, throw it into your pocket and it will last 6+ hrs. A lot of people have bought external mics for previous model go pro's but I believe they greatly upped the quality of the mic on the 8 and I dont think it needs an external mic. If youre on a boat or yak I would run a ram ball swivel mount or something of that nature. 

Like most people, I use a GoPro Hero8.  I mount it to my boat, when we are fishing on the boat.  I have USB wired directly to where i place my GoPro then I never have to worry about running out of battery.  I use 256Gb cards.

When I fish urban lakes, I use a chest mount.  I agree with the need for a portable battery to keep it charged, but I also have 3 batteries for situations when you can’t use the portable battery.

I like both views and will probably buy a 2nd GoPro that way one can be mounted on boat for wide view and one on chest mount for a POV.  

Damn, yall are ballers with the GoPro 8, i was hoping to be able to scoop up a used older version. I still may! Im not sure im super worried about the mic, since it will mostly be me cursing haha.

Chest mount, and ram boat mounts it is. 

I was looking at a head mount but seems pretty bulky to be hanging up on my head.