Swimbait knots

Jackon Gill

Palomar on everything. Guess how many fish I’ve lost due to knot failure. I’ll give you a hint...it’s less than one. LOL! 
I use fluoro for everything except for top water and contrary to popular myth, fluorocarbon does not cut into itself with a palomar knot (or any other knot for that matter). In order for something to cut into something else, it must be more dense than the object it’s cutting into. How does fluoro cut into itself? Not possible. Palomar knot FTW. 

13 hours ago, Jace D said:

Palomar on everything. Guess how many fish I’ve lost due to knot failure. I’ll give you a hint...it’s less than one. LOL! 
I use fluoro for everything except for top water and contrary to popular myth, fluorocarbon does not cut into itself with a palomar knot (or any other knot for that matter). In order for something to cut into something else, it must be more dense than the object it’s cutting into. How does fluoro cut into itself? Not possible. Palomar knot FTW. 

Lost a wade Hogg on a Palomar yesterday sadly After a good fight it just gave up almost  

1 hour ago, Jackon Gill said:

Lost a wade Hogg on a Palomar yesterday sadly After a good fight it just gave up almost  

Was it on fluoro? I used to use mono way back in the day and lost tons of baits. It’s actually really rare now for me to lose anything unless it’s wrapped in a tree. I haven’t tried all the fluoro out there but the one that I absolutely trust over everything else is Seaguar Invisx. Abrasx is good too but I rarely buy it. I have been going cheap lately and buying the YoZuri Topknot which has actually been great as far as strength goes. But, it is noticeably softer with more stretch. Seaguar is the way to go for fluoro. 

44 minutes ago, Jace D said:

Was it on fluoro? I used to use mono way back in the day and lost tons of baits. It’s actually really rare now for me to lose anything unless it’s wrapped in a tree. I haven’t tried all the fluoro out there but the one that I absolutely trust over everything else is Seaguar Invisx. Abrasx is good too but I rarely buy it. I have been going cheap lately and buying the YoZuri Topknot which has actually been great as far as strength goes. But, it is noticeably softer with more stretch. Seaguar is the way to go for fluoro. 

Trilene Big Line mono or whatever it’s called 

Palomar for everything, and Flourocarbon (Trilene 100% or InvisX) for everything. Glides and softbaits get straight flouro and punkers get braid to flouro with a Uni to Uni. I casted off a Deps 250 with Big Game (retied 10 mins before) and won't run it anymore for anything bigger than an ounce.