First Time Making a Glide Bait!

carwij04

First time making a glide bait and didn't look up anything before hand just wanting to make something original to see how it turns out. First, I need opinions overall on the bait and mostly what I can improve because I might make another 2.0 version. Do you think I should add 3 or 4 screw eyes to connect the bait? Also what wire do you guys use to connect the screw eyes to the other half of the bait.

IMG_5476.JPG

IMG_5480 (1).JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_5473.JPG

Doin good bruddh.

When connecting the joint I use a bike spoke or welding wire. If you have a local weld shop you can get 3ft lengths os SS 308 wire in tons of different thicknesses. I hear some people use piano wire too.

Finish this one out and see what you like and dont. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish glide, wake, twitch bait or just a swimbait you crank. Without knowing more I cannot really offer much help. I would say search the pages and images figure what you want to achieve as far as action and let us know.

Neat gizzard shad profile. For a screw eye to pin joint connection I like using stainless steel finishing nails. Not the cheapest and can be a pain to cut to size, but they're super strong. That small tail has me a bit uneasy as it will probably snap off if left as is. Maybe consider adding a soft, replaceable tail and a little bigger for functionality.