Toxic trucha trout

Rangermike

I don’t throw a ton of wake baits but it’s something I usually have tied on. I fish small very clear lakes and they get more follows than bites but I like having one for open water feeding fish and low light times. I tossed the trucha last few weeks and came away impressed. In the past I’ve stuck with slammers, mattlures woody, and top trout.

Compared to other wakes ive used the action was gorgeous it has a incredible live swimming action. The only downside to the action is you can be as versatile on the retrieve and get it to dart or walk like you can a slammer. The weight is either a positive or negative depends how you look at it. It’s heavier than other wake baits so you can launch it a country mile but your losing casting accuracy so just depends how your fishing it on if you appreciate the size. The big advantage with the size is was able to draw fish in from a long ways. As far as applications I see it being used primarily as a wake and possibly shallow crankdown. The bill is also a huge plus around cover you can deflect it and work it around cover easier than most Wakebaits. The overall look is solid it’s not a work of art custom paint job but it’s very solid and honestly as a wake the bass is just going to see the belly anyway. Of course being a toxic you know it’s built like a tank and your getting customer service. I haven’t caught any but had a close calls and I’ve had more follows than anything else I was using. But like I said I’m not in great wake bait water and not ideal time of year.

pros-great realistic swim, durability,   Customer service, ability to deflect off wood, moves a lot of water huge draw power

cons-more expensive than some other similar wakes, castability, paint job is average, not easy to find

nice review man, i havent fished mine yet, but took it out for a test swim and was impressed right away, action is incredible/smooth, cranks down 2' (i'm fishing it on braid) i love that you can twitch on top and almost work it in place, plus the twitches/stop n go on the crankdown were really impressive, i can see it being tied on a lot as my big wake bait for the warmer months.