Daiwa dx xxh

Kyle1387

I've spoken about this rod many times before on here. It's my absolute favorite rod, I've caught my PB 7lb largie on it (On top of 90% of my swim bait fish) and a 30+ lb yellow tail with it. Not that fresh water rods are meant for saltwater but the dam thing didn't break or struggle to beat a 30+ yellowtail which is something i'm proud i can do with my DXSB lol I re-gripped the foam with Winn grip and have replaced the rod tip from the mistreatment. Just needs a beefier hook keeper but besides that the rod is such a deal at 110$, i think people look down on it because it's not 200$+ or isn't fancy looking but it's a hell of a rod. But yea, it'll handle your 250 more than fine

Edited by El_Weruso

15 minutes ago, Texasfishn said:

I mainly use mine for throwing Mothers, but have thrown a 250 on it woth no issues. They’re good rods for the price. 

8 minutes ago, El_Weruso said:

I've spoken about this rod many times before on here. It's my absolute favorite rod, I've caught my PB 7lb largie on it (On top of 90% of my swim bait fish) and a 30+ lb yellow tail with it. Not that fresh water rods are meant for saltwater but the dam thing didn't break or struggle to beat a 30+ yellowtail which is something i'm proud i can do with my DXSB lol I re-gripped the foam with Winn grip and have replaced the rod tip from the mistreatment. Just needs a beefier hook keeper but besides that the rod is such a deal at 110$, i think people look down on it because it's not 200$+ or isn't fancy looking but it's a hell of a rod.

Do they handle hudds decently? Waiting for another rod to come in stock so it’ll have to do till then. I’m assuming sensitivity isn’t amazing but I’m doing braid-leader anyway. 

9 minutes ago, El_Weruso said:

I've spoken about this rod many times before on here. It's my absolute favorite rod, I've caught my PB 7lb largie on it (On top of 90% of my swim bait fish) and a 30+ lb yellow tail with it. Not that fresh water rods are meant for saltwater but the dam thing didn't break or struggle to beat a 30+ yellowtail which is something i'm proud i can do with my DXSB lol I re-gripped the foam with Winn grip and have replaced the rod tip from the mistreatment. Just needs a beefier hook keeper but besides that the rod is such a deal at 110$, i think people look down on it because it's not 200$+ or isn't fancy looking but it's a hell of a rod. But yea, it'll handle your 250 more than fine

Yup, this rod is very over looked. I cant speak for the xxh but the xh itself throws the 250 no problem. 

1 minute ago, Kyle1387 said:

I can’t tell but if that’s a Cardiff in the photo I’m essentially copying your setup loL

Haha, it's a Calcutta 400 and the same calcutta that caught my yellowtail so i've retired it until i get it some upgraded bearings and drags

I have had one previously and really liked it. I was throwing treble hooked baits and it always seemed it was better served for weedless or jig hook set ups. Of course I know it’s really preference on what rod actions you prefer for different types of baits. Does the number of guides ever effect your fishing with them? I always thought they had a lower amount of guides for a 8’ rod. I never noticed anything happening because of it but just curious?