Bigbaiting in Singapore

Idiotangler

Singapore and the USA aren't incredibly similar fisheries. Although peacock bass and largemouth bass do have their similarities, the waters are highly pressured, everyone fishes from the bank and our rods are seldom over 7'6. Travel bigbait rods are incredibly popular here as well. These fish were caught on glidebaits and the spro bbz slow sink. I'll let yall guess how big the fish that opened my hooks was :-D The one on the arashi glide was caught while figure eighting the bank muskie style if you believe it or not! I've been wracking my brains thinking of how to get the bigger peacocks to commit to biting my swimbaits. The majority of the time they barely nip at the hooks and a directional change gets them to lunge but they stop short of slamming the bait. After quarentine lifts I can't wait to get back on the water and keep finding patterns!!

20200214_174754.jpg

20200224_175243.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-143249_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200416-143306_Instagram.jpg

Very cool Joel. That Rod Bone BVC764XXXXH is a beast. I had no idea there were 4 piece travel rods rated that high.

Would you mind sharing a few other travel rods that are popular in Singapore?

These look great for pond hopping across the globe.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:36 PM, 168 Rookie said:

Man those peacocks are GORGEOUS fish. Noob question: do they have teeth? I don't think I've ever seen a pic of anyone lipping them.

Looks like fun man, keep stickin em!

Nah they have rasping pads similar to largemouth. You can lip em fine if you don't mind having a rough thumb for a couple days

On 4/17/2020 at 11:13 PM, Sb slayer said:

Very cool Joel. That Rod Bone BVC764XXXXH is a beast. I had no idea there were 4 piece travel rods rated that high.

Would you mind sharing a few other travel rods that are popular in Singapore?

These look great for pond hopping across the globe.

The Bone Voyage and Voyage expedition series are popular accross the region, as is the Ironman Throne series from Malaysia. From Japan brands like zenaq, huerco and fishman are used over here to great effect as well. I'd love to try chucking my baits on the one piece rods that yall use though! It'd be fun to compare!

• 3 weeks later...