Under water footage Hinkle trout

10lbs

glad i didnt see this video before i bought my hinkle. 

the first part of the video makes the bait look awful imho, 

i think its really tough to get real swimvideo of most baits unless you have stationary camera set up and swim the bait by em in different directions/retrieves. 

there was a local plug builder here in NE and had these underwater videos done by a professional diver/videographer and they did more to hurt his business than help it, the angles/views where all off and really made the baits look horrible in the water, even though they were proven baits. 

that dual underspin mod is badazz though. might have to try that on a real prey 

The Hinkle has a wide glide it was restricted by the short leader.  If you're looking in a slow and fast retrieve glide bait check out deps.  In the vid I just wanted to see how the fish interact with the glide bait.  Maybe on a sunk trip I'll do a swim test video lol.

Edited by 10lbs

• 2 months later...

Some baits definitely have more noise then we may anticipate but I think the Hinkle is rather quiet and the sound you hear is more seeming in correlation with the retrieve with the camera on the line. It’s sounds like rubbing and tension not a small knock from the glides hinge which should really have minimal to no contact during a retrieve as it’s too busy gliding immediately upon being forcibly jackknifed... which is to say I think the hooks and splits would perhaps emit some sound but the bait itself: Silent. I’ll have to do some recon myself to confirm now I’m curious.