Ryoga Shrapnel feedback wanted

chevro1et

• 3 years later...
On 5/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, El_Weruso said:

@chevro1et Hey Ian, the reel is a tank and at the same time sensitive that it can handle casting a frog. Assuming you read the article thoroughly they mentioned it was meant to fish for frogs (Targeting snake head)! But i use it to cast 2oz-14oz baits. If you'll be using it to fish smaller baits 3oz or less the break system it has will handle it, but i learned from @Good Year 71 that if you want to fish bigger baits it's worth upgrading the break system (Costs less than 10$ shipped, although certain shipments from overseas are limited right now) I can forward you info on upgrading the breaks if needed. I haven't done anything to the reel since i got it used on Ebay besides a regular servicing.  Due to it's large line capacity i just spooled mine up with 30% 100Lb braid to fill it up some then i top it off with 20lb for any bait 2oz- 12oz. I do recommend getting line about 90% maybe 95% of the way up so it winds on evenly. I have the reel paired up with my Megabass Destroyer Tenchijin for heavy baits and with the Daiwa DX for smaller baits. I love this reel and it has replaced my Calcutta 400TE, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

info on the brake upgrade?