Hinkle Shad terminal tackle

Jacob Miller

1 hour ago, El_Weruso said:

Those hooks look way too big for the hinkle shad imo. Watch Mike gilberts video on downsizing hooks

Yeah I agree, I was just testing the bait with the stock trebles Andrew provided. What size and model of hook would you recommend? Also should I be tying directly to the line tie of should I use a snap/split ring or both?

On my hinkle trout i used some small gamakatsu (I think) 2x trebles size 2 or 4, not sure i'd have to check them out again. But you can get away with small 2x hooks because of the thin profile of the bait. And i'd tie to a split ring for the bait

After some testing, I found using st-66 silky grays, the stock split rings, and also one extra split ring one size smaller on the back and a split ring on the line tie made this bait still have a slow sink with the same action as the bait had with original splits and giant hooks. I prefer the smaller 1/0 or size 1 (can't remember what size) and I have had great hookups in my first week of throwing the bait.

IMG_1367.jpg

8 hours ago, Jacob Miller said:

After some testing, I found using st-66 silky grays, the stock split rings, and also one extra split ring one size smaller on the back and a split ring on the line tie made this bait still have a slow sink with the same action as the bait had with original splits and giant hooks. I prefer the smaller 1/0 or size 1 (can't remember what size) and I have had great hookups in my first week of throwing the bait.

IMG_1367.jpg

Hey! I know that bait and pond! Thanks for your time the other day when and my boy were out there. He was amazed at the action on that bait.