Replacing the bill on wake bait

balata9999

Has anyone successfully replaced the bill on a wake jr or baby wake? I have a baby wake that the bill broke off on and I need to get the rest of the old one out and to glue a replacement in. I think I can find some plastic to shape into a bill at home depot but I'm wondering the best way to get the old one out. Do you think the epoxy holding it will melt before the resin if I use a heat gun??

Just contact Mr. Ellis...

Exactly...don't do anything else, send it to 3:16, they will take care of it.

If I was to ever have a problem with a 3:16 bait I would contact Mr. Ellis 1st.

Of the 50+ 3:16 baits I own O have ever had problems, there bulletproof unless you hit a rock on a rocket cast. :D

Maybe try a dremel tool with a thin cut off wheel to free the bulk of the lip/ cut it out of the bait? I have done this on a couple wood muskie crankbaits that needed the lips replaced. I locked the dremel in a vice and used it like a grinder. This allowed me to hold the bait itself with both hand while cutting. Just make sure to wear good eye protection or better yet a flip down face sheild.

Send an email to 316 they will send you the address to ship it to and have it fixed at no coast to you other than shipping the bait to them.

No cost? I thought it was like $10 bucks???

For you to ship the bait. I just double checked my email that I got from them and it just said ship to the address and they would fix it and send it back.

Send an email to 316 they will send you the address to ship it to and have it fixed at no coast to you other than shipping the bait to them.

For you to ship the bait. I just double checked my email that I got from them and it just said ship to the address and they would fix it and send it back.

I would let Mickey & Rina determine whether there will be a cost to replace a bill on a bait. Your response gives the impression that you are making a commitment for Mickey & Rina.

Tim

I would let Mickey & Rina determine whether there will be a cost to replace a bill on a bait. Your response gives the impression that you are making a commitment for Mickey & Rina.

Tim

Tim

I am just relaying the information that I received from 3:16 via email in reference to replacing broken bills. I am in no way making a a commitment for Mickey or Rina to not pay or pay for shipping. Just sharing information that I have received from 3:16 directly. If someone is confused just send an email to the sales link on the web page and, you will have your answer. Now I am going fishing!

Joshua