To Snap or Not

Jfish

Perhaps its an old topic but I am curious how many of you guys use snaps when your out swimbaitin'. If I'm on foot and prowling the shore I usually just take one rod and a backpack with some lures in it. I like to use a snap instead of retying to change lures. One thing I don't like about retying all the time is your line is getting shorter and shorter. Plus I like when I'm on the big water and a pack of big stripers comes up on top I don't have to trust my shakey hands to change a lure in the heat of the moment.

So many guys I run into ask me whats that when they see my snap...so it got my curious who's snappin' and who's not. I use 65lb. duolocks and honestly have never had one fail on a fish.

JK

• 10 years later...

I use the decoy snaps on all my swimbaits except softies. All my wakes, glides, or swimmers get a snap on them, much easier to snap on a new bait than retie. That being said you have to check your line frequently and be mindful of how long it’s been without retying 

1 hour ago, Jerkbait22 said:

To the guys using snaps, if the bait comes with a split ring will you remove the split ring and go snap direct or attach the snap to the split ring?

I remove the nose split rings from all my baits since i use a snap