SHIMANO CALCUTTA CONQUEST DC201 review needed

Rogervang

I was so impressed with my first DC 201 HG I bought a second one.  I had the first one about a year and its been flawless.  

Palms really well, smooth as butter, you really have to screw up to get it to backlash. I’ve thrown from 1 to 5 oz baits on it all year without a hitch. 

Once you set the reel up for braid, mono or flourocarbon and get the spool tension adjusted properly you really can’t get it to backlash.  

If Shimano made a DC 300 and 400 series I’d be all over them - thats how good I think they are. 

5 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

I was so impressed with my first DC 201 HG I bought a second one.  I had the first one about a year and its been flawless.  

Palms really well, smooth as butter, you really have to screw up to get it to backlash. I’ve thrown from 1 to 5 oz baits on it all year without a hitch. 

Once you set the reel up for braid, mono or flourocarbon and get the spool tension adjusted properly you really can’t get it to backlash.  

If Shimano made a DC 300 and 400 series I’d be all over them - thats how good I think they are. 

Agreed. Best reel I’ve ever owned. I have 2 also and would love if they came out with a dc 300 or 400. I’d probably buy 2 of those too lol

21 minutes ago, Jim137a said:

Just ordered a second 201DC, by far the smoothest reel I have owned.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I’m in the market for a new reel and I really been leaning towards this one as my Curado 201 on my LDC MH just doesn’t have the right juice for my throwback wake walker. As a result my back gets tired quicker.

But for the money question, which ratio is more practical for wake and crank downs (WW, ufo, rats)? anything with a lip I guess. 
thanks for any help!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 1:11 AM, BreadTooShred said:

Hi guys I’m in the market for a new reel and I really been leaning towards this one as my Curado 201 on my LDC MH just doesn’t have the right juice for my throwback wake walker. As a result my back gets tired quicker.

But for the money question, which ratio is more practical for wake and crank downs (WW, ufo, rats)? anything with a lip I guess. 
thanks for any help!

I use my 201dc for wakes and my cranks.  And my HG for glides and swimmer.   But if you’re only getting one, go with the HG cause you can always slow down your retrieve    

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, JacksonF said:

Agreed. Best reel I’ve ever owned. I have 2 also and would love if they came out with a dc 300 or 400. I’d probably buy 2 of those too lol

100%. Been waiting for a 300/400 DC for a while. I’d love a couple of those. They used to make the Trinidad DC for saltwater so it’s doable for sure.