SHIMANO CALCUTTA CONQUEST DC201 review needed

Rogervang

Alright guys and gals. I'm in the market for a new reel. Mainly looking  at this one but I see no review on it anywhere. For those of you that have one of these please shine some light on this topic. I like the profile with the low gears. Going to be on a lighter wake bait rod if that helps but yes any info on this reel will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

I have one, only thing I regretted was not waiting a bit longer to buy one because in 2020 they got a faster gear ratio. But anyways it's a conquest as you'd expect it's built great, it's got micro gears it's so smooth its not even funny and with it being a 200 size reel it's super light and fits nice in the palm. I use mine for wakes and cranking baits so the slow a** 4.8 gear ratio is great for that!

One of the best reels ever made imo. I’ve got the 200DC 4.8:1, they have the new faster version too if you prefer. Ultra rigid, unbelievably smooth, tiny palming size for 200 capacity, I’ve got two spools and run 65# braid on one and 25# fluoro on the other. Plenty of line capacity for both options and no way you’re gonna spool either. After fishing it so much the 300/400 size conquests have totally taken a back seat. Just buy it and you won’t believe what you’ve been missing. 

Edited by Cranky

I’ve been fishing one for about a year now. I’ve used the regular conquests and the ryoga 1520 and imo it’s the smoothest out of the bunch. It has the least handle play out of any shimano baitcaster I’ve handled. It’s also very comfortable to palm as others have mentioned. 
There are more gear ratios now so it’s definitely a good option. 

The conquest dc200 is an amazing reel. I use to have a dc200 for deep cranks in the bay. It flat out bombs. I was launching a Megabass deep six 80-90 yards with a 7’6” MH-G Zodias. The reel is very smooth and solid plus the DC system is bulletproof. If I were you I would step up to the HG because the standard only has a ipt of 22” which in my book is only good for deep cranks. I stepped up to a DC200HG and just picked up a DC100HG for the bay 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, quick question for the DC owners;

I treated myself to a 201hg. When reeling in a lure slowly the reel is super smooth. But when I start retrieve a lure (chatterbait) in very quickly I feel and hear the gears. Nothing I experience with any of my high end Daiwas.

Any thoughts?

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought and used my 201 dc hg for a month now.  Great casting and casts further then ryoga, smooth but ryoga 1520 feels just a touch smoother to me, holds about the same amount of line as ryoga.   I asked around before I bought one and was told it’s a ryoga on steroids.  Been using it for ufo’s, illudes, 86 glides and wakes with ease if that helps people out

Edited by Escondido_Talent

• 1 year later...