Can someone do a Lexa review?

Top Ramen

I know there are a number of guys on here with the new Lexa 300 reels -- could one of you do a review of it? I searched the member review section, but couldn't find one. I think a lot of people would be interested in finding out if it's a legitimate substitute for the Curado 300, given that it's significantly cheaper.

Thanks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one for a brief period before I sold it and it's a good reel. However, when I need another 300 sized reel, I will get a Curado. Nothing against the Lexa, I just like the feel of the Curado better.

Same...but then again diff price points

If you want to check out my facebook for animal house reel service, I broke it down in pictures, and explained what i liked/didn't like. Look at the dairy of a mad man album.

On the water test is coming after i've fished it for some time. So far its a solid contender, but by no means replaces my curado 300.

Geoff

So far its a solid contender, but by no means replaces my curado 300.

Geoff,

Thanks; the album helped. Would love to see those pictures included if someone actually writes up a full review. What is it, specifically, that you prefer about the Curado?

Had the Lexa come with Daiwas normal offerings my outlook may be different.

I feel more connected to my baits with the curado. The curado on an LDC and i can feel what my bait is doing at ALL times. The castability on the curado is awesome with abec 7's, as well as the smoothness of the retrieve. I like the curado for everything up to armageddons and wake baits.

So far i like the lexa for smaller sub 8" baits. The magnetic casting does yield a smoother ranger of braking for the smaller stuff. I still feel like i can outcast it though, as i can turn off the curado's brakes, not so much with the lexa. Even with the dial to 0, there's still some slowing of the spool from the magnet. Now if it had the 3D casting system like the T3's and Z series, it would be no contest.

Its a solid reel, just has some stuff to prove yet.

Geoff

I just fished both reels today. And id have to say if i had to choose between the two. The curado is a better reel. Its smoother more powerful, cast further, is more comfortable in my hand. The only things the lexa has on the curado IMO is it has a aluminum side plate, a magnetic cast control (which i dont really need, but i guess some people do), and its not that ugly ass green color. Thats the main reason i bought the lexa cause it was a 300 sized reel that was a nicer color than green, but if they still made the curado 300 D i would of bought it instead. The next low profile reel i buy will be another curado 300 E. I guess i can deal with the green color now, lol.

I just fished both reels today. And id have to say if i had to choose between the two. The curado is a better reel. Its smoother more powerful, cast further, is more comfortable in my hand. The only things the lexa has on the curado IMO is it has a aluminum side plate, a magnetic cast control (which i dont really need, but i guess some people do), and its not that ugly ass green color. Thats the main reason i bought the lexa cause it was a 300 sized reel that was a nicer color than green, but if they still made the curado 300 D i would of bought it instead. The next low profile reel i buy will be another curado 300 E. I guess i can deal with the green color now, lol.

Don't forget the lexa comes with standard carbontex drag and that massive handle,if u ask me the lexa is twice as powerful but the Curado cast further

I have to disagree with a few points,the biggest being that the curados more powerful the oversized handle on the lexa sets it apart from the Curado anyone who.cranks.big baits down will tell.u it does it with ease the only reel comparable in that aspect is the te,don't forget the carbontex drag that comes standard in the lexa,the magnetic cast control is very convienent when switching from a small 2oz bait to a 6oz bait.The Curado definetly cast further than the lexa but as far as smoothness I'd say they both are very close.

Imo FOR THE $ the lexa bests the Curado but if u ask me they both have there place if I'm going to be cranking an arm or slammer I'd reach for a lexa if I'm fishing a triple trout or a glide is reach for the curado.so basically its all personal prefrence

I don't know Cam... my Curado has quite a bit of cranking power. But then again, it has this thing on it :lol: .

post-651-14252987298057_thumb.jpg

post-651-14252987298344_thumb.jpg

And I also don't mind the green, it goes with my camo LDC ;) .

post-651-14252987298784_thumb.jpg

(This was before I changed out the handle)

I don't know Cam... my Curado has quite a bit of cranking power. But then again, it has this thing on it :lol: .

RS_2.5_9-29-12.jpg[/attachment]

(This was before I changed out the handle)

Luke have u fished the lexa?