HPH shad baits

merkexpress

Just curious, how does one go about ordering a new bait from them? I rarely see them on the black market (I’m sure there a good reason for that lol), and I was hoping to get my hands on a 6inch glide. I didn’t really see too much info on ordering when I googled them either. Does anyone have any info or purchasing/ordering a new HPH bait?

35 minutes ago, DirtySouthGlide said:

I think you have to hit them up through their Facebook Fish Atlanta guide service. 

Alright, I found an email on the Facebook page (I don’t have Facebook) I sent a note to see how to order. Thanks for the info!

10 minutes ago, M.Krys860 said:

List is long. I ordered a bait on 10/31/19 and I'm still waiting for it 

Yikes.... that’s a good while! Fingers crossed I can come across one before that amount of time! Does anyone else have any more info?

He is very responsive through email. I’m waiting on an 8” and 6” I ordered in early November. List is long, but they are supposedly worth the wait. Last correspondence in May they were going out this month.

He said he was delayed due to flooding. I 100% buy that answer, as the flooding at Allatoona was biblical this spring. 

A couple friends here in town lost everything to flooding on Toona.

My advice is to order it, and when it comes, it comes.  There seems to always be a long waiting time but they are solid baits.  I found the 8" requires a little different reel cadence than most glides - its hard to explain but you will see when you get it.  Pay close attention for the first 15 minutes and you should have it figured out.  The 6" is a smallie killer.

7 hours ago, waynem said:

My advice is to order it, and when it comes, it comes.  There seems to always be a long waiting time but they are solid baits.  I found the 8" requires a little different reel cadence than most glides - its hard to explain but you will see when you get it.  Pay close attention for the first 15 minutes and you should have it figured out.  The 6" is a smallie killer.

This is spot on. I tried really hard to get an 8” one and when I did I was underwhelmed with the action/sink. It’s a beautiful bait, but seemed to be very touchy finicky and took some time to get use to and even when I would go to something else and back to it it would take me a few casts to get it right. I’m sure if I spent the whole day just throwing that bait a lot on a more dedicated set up I would have had better/optimal results, but at the time I didn’t and therefore didn’t care for it 

7 hours ago, waynem said:

It really just depends on when the bait was made. In my experience some years are better than others. The 9" being my favorite. All my 9s are pretty consistent. The 8" baits seem to vary alot. I just sold an older 8" that I really liked. Didn't take any special cadence to get a good action. Ive also had newer 8" baits I wasnt a fan of. 

Well, they ended up getting back with me via email and I was told the wait for be about 4 months (just an FYI). I was lucky enough and snagged on from the black market! I’m going to give this one a whirl and see how I like it. They look soooo good, I will change my style of fishing to accommodate if needed. If I figure it out I see myself ordering a new one if needed