Baits for fishing from the bank

nightsessions

What are some good hardbaits for fishing from the bank? The lake i fish is at a public park and has a lot of weed growth so i would need it to be topwater. I've tried fishing the lunker punker, but it is hard to work because my rod tip will always hit the bank when i'm trying to work it. Any reccomendations?

Try the Wake Jr. I mainly fish neighborhood ponds also. I caught a nice size one the first night out with my Jr.

The only problem with 3:16 baits is they are difficult to get and pretty expensive. Do you have any non 3:16 suggestions?

I got a MS slammer rat a few weeks ago and haven't gotten to try it out. Check out some MS slammer floaters.

What are some good hardbaits for fishing from the bank? The lake i fish is at a public park and has a lot of weed growth so i would need it to be topwater. I've tried fishing the lunker punker, but it is hard to work because my rod tip will always hit the bank when i'm trying to work it. Any reccomendations?

I fish walk the dog baits from 70-90% of the time from the bank for the simple fact that you can cast them farther and cover more water faster.

If your rod is hitting the ground shorten up the stroke and crank the reel faster. This method actually gets baits to glide farther than just using the rod.

A glide bait may work for you too, s-wavers are cheap and pretty good, or chuck a big hollow belly or mighty minnow on a beast hook, that usually gets a decent amount of bites. also agree with the mini slammer, good little bait.