Finally a 5 Lber., and 9 more fish!

chefchris

been a rough start this season, but this morning was one of those days i won't soon forget. 

got out a midnight, worked my usual area of the pond for one micro dink, then went and tried "the area that never produces" that we always skip, well opposite effect today. 

First cast in the spot produced by best fish a long time, too long to mention. water was flat calm, fog on the water and just enough light from the setting moon to see it get blown up on. Fish absolutely crushed the cl8 baby possum as it was waking on top about 1/3 of the way back over the drop off point in 7ft of water. was throwing it on the new f5 custom stick i got from @captainhookset and the new daiwa lexa 300 winn. fish went 5lbs 5oz. after some pics and letting the fish revive and swim off, i regrouped and kept fishing. That was how the night started. Kept hoping for another 5 or bigger but tons of action all night to daybreak. 

the fish were just crushing the possum on the surface, slow cranking it over the grass flats.

Then the bite turned subsurface as the sun started to come up (false dawn) and i switched to throwing real preys, had one choke the crappie the first cast of the night on a steep point that goes from 3 to 7 ft and then caught the fattest fish I've ever caught/seen, 16" long and weighed 2Lbs. 9oz. on the albino pond shiner. Couldn't get over how fat and bloated it was, big chunk of the tail missing which looks like a snapper bite. fish hit while i was swatting mosquitoes away and almost pulled the rod out of my hand, didnt have to set the hook. 

was an awesome solo trip, and a trip I desperately needed. 

Thanks for reading and checking out the post 

I take pics of every fish, just for my logs, usually throw em on the bass board too. Dinks are under 2Lbs. 

12:42AM DINK NO WEIGHT TOXIC WHIPPERSNAPPER 2.0 

2:35AM 5Lbs. 5oz. CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

2:53AM 2Lbs. 15oz.  CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

3:00AM DINK NO WEIGHT CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

3:50AM 4Lbs. 7oz. CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

4:00AM 3Lbs. 6oz. CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

4:02AM DINK NO WEIGHT CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG

4:13AM 3Lbs. 4oz.  REAL PREY CRAPPIE 

4:35AM 2Lbs. 9oz. REAL PREY ALBINO POND SHINER 

4:46AM 3Lbs. 4oz. REAL PREY ALBINO POND SHINER 

Best 5 
5Lbs. 5oz. CL8 BABY POSSUM-PINK PIG