UFO pre order may 5th

Jackon Gill

First time ordering off UFO and wondering if any y'all get your ufo from may 5th yet? asked ufo once told me end of June, asked again and the time he told me passed again. Not a fan of the pre order system when ill give you my money now and then shoot you a bait in a while type deal. 

The owner is a good dude from my experience. I inquired about the delay and he gave me several different options   to make up for it (Refund, switching colors, switching painters...) but I decided to just wait it out. ish happens 

I just don't see how you win as a bait maker. Do random drops and everyone is pissed that they missed it and didn't get a notice. Announce drops and everyone is pissed because their carts get jacked. Sell to people you know and everyone gets pissed that they aren't cool enough to get one. Do presales and no one wants to wait. 

4 minutes ago, dominioncaster said:

I just don't see how you win as a bait maker. Do random drops and everyone is pissed that they missed it and didn't get a notice. Announce drops and everyone is pissed because their carts get jacked. Sell to people you know and everyone gets pissed that they aren't cool enough to get one. Do presales and no one wants to wait. 

yup, unless you actually build a lot of baits and can do scheduled drops you're kind of screwed either way. makes it tough with social media too, personally if i didnt have to use IG/FB for info, drops, etc i would be on it way less. 

i like how Gary at GRS does his drops thru email, seems to be pretty fair, baits are ready, colors/models available, he goes thru em, sends the invoices, maybe more work on his part but stops the flippers from getting baits, (he has a blacklist) guys get the baits they want in  the colors they want and they ship out on Monday, he does the sales on friday. 

ceasar at toxic also has the drops/releases dialed in

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 2:32 PM, dominioncaster said:

They could solve for this by increasing their prices until their drops don’t instantly sell out (and people who want them can stand a chance of getting them).

The alternative is the market we have today, where paying a higher price to a flipper is the normal. The bait maker should get those extra dollars. 

Side note: I like how 86 does it, where the baits are complete at time of sale and ship in a day or two. I also like how 3:16 does it with super reliable timelines after pre-orders. 

There was just a mothership preorder on the UFO website for a few days this week. Was surprised how long it was up. $299, should deter flippers. Fine with me, I ponied you and ordered, can’t wait to use the hell out of it whenever it comes. 

I got one from the may 8 pre order. Hopefully we get some baits in the next couple weeks...it’s a messed up time. Everything has slowed down and I feel for him but damn...let’s go lol. 

Edited by DirtySouthGlide