lost 1st swimbait today :*(

slideaction

was out looking for stripers and felt like i shoulda stayed in... lost it on a cast, went in after it but water being murky and it starting to get dark out had me calling it quits. so much despair, feels like losing a first love (as much as you want it to last, it just wont last so you'd have to let it go)....just wanted to vent, pretty sure this is one the places that would understand about losing swimbaits....will be looking for a used 6in triton bull shad slow sink if anyone has a used one they dont mind letting go.. thanks

It's never easy. The first bait i lost was a 6" nates trout. Casted and must have hit the handle because the reel engaged and the bait flew into the horizon to never be seen again. Ive lost a bunch of soft baits since then, but this summer i had a pickeral take a fs shad from me. It was my go to bait.....i still morn the lost of that bait!

yea this has been my go to bait since i got it, been catching everything on it, from first pb smallmouth to spotties, and stripers...still kind of want to go back in today while its sunny for one last look, but never know if a fish might taken it elsewhere. thanks for the love

A Famous chicken once said....."You knew the job was dangerous when you took it". :lol: It's tough losing baits and I feel your pain, but it comes with the territory. Don't let it get you down or make you hesitate. Remember we hunt fish that often, live in some of the nastiest areas in the lake. Be smart about it, but fish hard and the toads will come.

my 1st post i also lost my bull shad last week on a snag it also was my goto bait i loast the night train dont make that color no more got about 15 fish outta her got a few more on the way <>

post-1339-14252987361321_thumb.jpg

There is an 8" Custom Bass TT sitting at the bottom of Kitchen Lake in Oklahoma. After that I swore to never throw a sinking swimbait from the shore. Well that lasted less than a year and there is a 7" Hitch TT and Gold Hudd in the rocks along the east shore of Hefner.

Man am I glad to be back in California where I get to throw out of a boat most of the time. I have yet to break one off on a fish or a cast though. knock on wood!

^ Yea was out fishin with my wife and had she paid attention she would've been laughin on the floor with the look on my face...also vowing not to throw nice sinking bait again (only fish from shore) but we'll see how long that last.

*infidel: its nice to know im not the only one from the i.e. and oklahoma...lake perris was my stomping grounds, never really got to try dvl but will try next year and silverwood as well whenever i do get back out there