The perfect pour pt.2

Swimbaitbox

When I’m molding my prototype I lose a lot of detail. I’m using mold star fast and my bait has clear and crisp lines. A  Highly detailed body. I’m trying to figure out the best and highly recommended methods to utilize when making the mold. I’m having trouble when pouring the bait as well. I think it may come from the trouble with the molds I’ve been having to get the accuracy. I have tried pouring the resin in the mold and when I do I happen to get a lot of bubbles in the body showing up even when I primer them. Please help me in figuring out and learning how to mold and pour baits with success.

Thank you 

I would try lightly brushing baby powder on the mold before pouring...sometimes that helps air bubbles make their way up and out of a mold. Also I would consider using a slow set resin if you feel too rushed mixing and pouring. Rapidly mixing resin can introduce more air into the material and thus make it difficult to achieve a clean cast.

Good luck and happy building!