Visibility Strips

RoyalK

Just wondering what adhesive visibility strips you guys use on your glide baits. Really focusing on getting my tempo down and want to get some strips that won't constantly peel off in the water.

Thanks!

I went to lurepartsonline.com and bought waterproof self sticking lure tape. It comes in 6x2 inch ish sheets. Bought an exacto knife and make whatever size/shape I want for whatever bait. Even got some glow in the dark for night baits. The stuff is great and doesn’t come off but when you do want it off no sticky mess left behind. Super thin too. 

21 hours ago, RoyalK said:

Just wondering what adhesive visibility strips you guys use on your glide baits. Really focusing on getting my tempo down and want to get some strips that won't constantly peel off in the water.

Thanks!

If you wanna go cheap (i.e. free) you can just use one of your wife's bright fingernail polishes--no need to pay for and wait on fancy stickers (the hot pink below shows up awesome).

Screenshot_20200202-221828.png

I just tape off the rest of the bait and spray paint a white vis strip on top. 

That does hurt resale/trade but that isn’t a concern for me.

Edited by browniez

I found these through a post on swimbait universe that a guy named Dan Carter sales they were $5 a sheet. He had like 6 colors to choose from and it might be hard to see but they are pe-cut into multiple shapes. Haven’t had a chance to try yet but they seem to be of really good quality and I’m pretty sure he said they are 3m material. 

65391687-240D-4A09-AA4A-17F90D1AB066.png

Edited by rogers954

26 minutes ago, rogers954 said:

I found these through a post on swimbait universe that a guy named Dan Carter sales they were $5 a sheet. He had like 6 colors to choose from and it might be hard to see but they are pe-cut into multiple shapes. Haven’t had a chance to try yet but they seem to be of really good quality and I’m pretty sure he said they are 3m material. 

65391687-240D-4A09-AA4A-17F90D1AB066.png

SwimbaitAccessories on Insta is the same usually $5, multiple colors available.

I bought some DOT-C2 reflective tape on Amazon, about $7 for a 2"x12ft roll.  The one I got has alternating 6" sections of red and white (they have high-viz yellow as well), so I just used scissors and cut narrow strips for the baits I wanted.  So far it's held up to multiple fish and hasn't peeled up at all, and didn't leave any residue on the paint when I removed it to check.  I precut some replacement strips in case one comes off, but so far haven't needed to use them.